• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

All out brawl

I think an experinced street fighter would win, not a guy that had any perticular style jsut some thug or bully who fought everyday of his life, but i dont think anyone that harsh exists today. There were some barenuckleboxers back in the 1700's that worked in coal mines all day and fought at night and there were no rules back then they were fights to the finish usally the winner was the guy still alive, im sure there was some guy who has been long since forgotten that no one ever beat and he had no formal training.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think an experinced street fighter would win, not a guy that had any perticular style jsut some thug or bully who fought everyday of his life, but i dont think anyone that harsh exists today. There were some barenuckleboxers back in the 1700's that worked in coal mines all day and fought at night and there were no rules back then they were fights to the finish usally the winner was the guy still alive, im sure there was some guy who has been long since forgotten that no one ever beat and he had no formal training.

No, boxing wasn't revived until Broughton's time, and then came Broughtons rules. They where not fights to the finish.

Even the "street fighters" of the UFC had some training, Tank did wrestling and boxing, but he was a street fighter.

Andrew Green

http://innovativema.ca - All the top martial arts news!

well i suppose technically they wouldnt be boxers, but what else would you call them, and yes there were fights to the finish thats one of the reasons why boxing or the crazy fighting or whatever you want to call it became illegal.

and as for the early ufc's many wonder if royce would have won if he fought emanuel yarborogh in the finals.

Yarborough had no real skills, he was thrown in because he was really really big and it would make a good show...

The no rules fights where refered to as "Rough and tumble", and still not many deaths, just injuries.

People don't die that easily.

Andrew Green

http://innovativema.ca - All the top martial arts news!

sansoouser said:

its an all out brawl no rules, and i mean no rules.

AndrewGreen said:

Funny, I seem to remeber this happening already... Some guy named Royce won...

Funny, I seem to remember ufc being one - on - one with rules.

And please can everyone get over the whole Style V. Style thing. Don't you think its unlikely ( not saying it never happens) that people from 2 different styles will be involoved in brawls. Most of the time its a martial artist and a person with no formal training. Hopefully martial artists understand that there is more to training than just fighting.

Sadly its becoming less and less about self-dicipline self-respect self-improvment and More about beating each other brains out.. In some cases its required but not has often has people are lead to believe.

because cross a thug has no self respect or dignity, he fights and go talk to him about how he should find inner piece as hes swinging his fist ast you.

The amateur shoots his hands out ferociously, but lacks any true power. A master is not so flamboyant, but his touch is as heavy as a mountain.

OK, the street fighter wouldn't win. Strength, skill, and ability to take pain are all important in fighting. A street fighter loses much of his potential fighting ability through bad form and ineffective and unsystematic fighting methods. A good martial artist has strength, toughness, AND technical prowess on his side (that is, one that actually competes in full contact fighting). Anyways, I think that three martial arts would have a good chance of winning.

1. Krav Maga. Based on my (limited) knowledge, Krav Maga focuses on all ranges of fighting and uses efficient (and dirty) methods to down an opponent.

2. San Soo. San Soo is a very balanced martial art. It is brutally effective and focuses on modern stand-up fighting, clinching, chin na, and throws.

3. Pankration/Shooto. Shootfighting combines the (arguably) most effective stand-up fighting art, Muay Thai, with the (arguably) most effective grappling art, BJJ. This makes it a very effective and balanced art.