• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

All out brawl

would n e of you list karate in an all out brawl?

The amateur shoots his hands out ferociously, but lacks any true power. A master is not so flamboyant, but his touch is as heavy as a mountain.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Carl Merritt only had trained in boxing. He was a brawler and had a very hard childhood. A big fella naturally with a willingness to fight. He fought in illegal underground fights, where anything goes. He thought all kinds of fighters including martial artists.

He won all but a couple of his fights. The ones he lost nearly cost him his life. The ones he won nearly cost his opponents their lives and sadly in some cases it did.

The moral of the story: as others have said it's the fight in the fighter, not the fighter in a style.

Reading about Carl Merritt made me realise that I do not poccess this killer attitude and would never willingly harm someone for the glory of victory, or money.

If my life or my loved ones life depended on it then I hope that my training and emotion will do me proud.

Would I list karate in an all out brawl? Yes if the right "fighter" was training in it but it is unlikely that they would be............

I keep asking God what I'm for and he tells me........."gee I'm not sure!"

This thread is originally based on the idea of "what style would beat all of the others." And that really isn't allowed here. So, I am going to close this.

Thanks.