• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Matter of Honor

Guys: Would you ever strike a girl if she attacked you? I don't mean one of those whimpy smacks but someone who seriously meant to harm you with bare hands or with a weapon.

Personally I don't know. It's a matter of personal honor when it comes to hitting a female (even a bottle wielding crazy named Big Betty who killed her husband with a dull spoon).

~ Seraph

"Just think of it as a brick hitting a bouncy castle..."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll mach force for force reguardless of rance, creed, color, or sex.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

I wouldnt. If it was unarmed id just take it. Armed Id stop her from hurting me, but i would not want her to expereince any pain, Id rather just hope she gets frustrated and stops. But if It were life and death and she was pointing a gun at my head, its to hard to say, but I have a huge thing about never intentionally harming a girl.

I wouldn't be so much worried about their sex as I would be about the physical strength. Say I was a 5'6, skinny man and this 6'3" ex-con, bike gang member came at me swining her fists, I would definitely make sure non of those fists seriously hurt me.

If she was some weak crack addict that was trying to stick me because I wouldn't give her money to buy her her next rock, I would just run. Actually, on 2nd thought, if that ex con came after me I'd run like hell too, lol.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill

i dont know, but id hit her hard ebouph so she would stop fighting. nothing to serious.

"When I fight, I fight with my heart,and soul. My heart, and soul is Shotokan Karate."

Shotokan_fighters creed

"karate has to come natural in a fight, if you have to think about using karate in a fight, you will loose the fight"

3rd kyu brown belt - shotokan karate

For me, it depends.

I do what I choose to do with the strength I have been given. I decide where the fight will go.

An attempt on your life is an attempt on your life and should be addressed as such. But, even against a man, would you take his life if you could choose not to and still end the conflict?

If you could end a fight without striking your opponent, would you?

Sometimes we see things from only one perspective. We are martial artists. Not machines of war. Our art is the war within. Do you feel the thunder of your punch? Of your opponent's?

Man or woman, a punch is a punch. What is the difference? Can you direct the flow of the fight and end it without striking? Then why would you do so for a woman and not a man? If you cannot, then why would it matter whether a man or woman struck you if you cannot end the conflict without striking?

A good ideal it is to hold deserving women in high regard. Chivalry is an honorable ambition. Too often in this world are they used as objects, or tossed aside as dross. Yet, there is a limit. Gender alone is not enough to declare with absolution a course of action.

Do not let chivalry cloud your vision as a martial artist. If you can find peace without war, then does it matter if your opponent is a man or a woman?

How you deal with the punch depends entirely on how you see the punch.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein