• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

a message from the karateka's...quit picking on us!

fireka

Lately ive seen A LOT of stuff were people come into martial arts message boards, chats, magazines, news articles websites ect. ect. and for no apparent reason get a thrill out of bashing one of the most powerful styles in the world. i dont know if its jealousy or ignorance but why do the other styles always pick on us karate ka's!!!??? im not trying to be disrespectful i just honestly want to know, what gives? and im not asking for a description of why YOU think your art is so much better than mine, trust me ive heard quite aenough of that, tell me the real reason alot of you (not all) like picking on us!

just let it be stated that i have alot of respect for almost every style of martial art out there.

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I practice karate, but I would say that we get off pretty lightly compared to the TKD guys.

I can accept the creative criticism. It is good to be aware of the weak areas of the art you practice. But some people do seem to take a rather one line approach and totally write off any other art or style other than the one they practice. These are the people are doing themselves no favours.

Keep an open mind folks eveyone has something to offer.

I keep asking God what I'm for and he tells me........."gee I'm not sure!"

no its just people when they think of karate is a little wimpy guy who gets beat up all the time but acts tough. I know a karate kid at school a black belt i think and I always beat him up with my judo and san soo, he thinks hes all though but he just can't handle a death machine like me ;)

The amateur shoots his hands out ferociously, but lacks any true power. A master is not so flamboyant, but his touch is as heavy as a mountain.

but you see if you say you did boxing or wrestling people don't make fun of you but if you say you do an oriental style be ready for some jokes, its just rhe way of the world live with it or quit karate

The amateur shoots his hands out ferociously, but lacks any true power. A master is not so flamboyant, but his touch is as heavy as a mountain.

It's just a fact of life, the popular marial arts world is no longer oriented on karate. All that matters is if you are comfortable with your style or not. It doesn't matter if people are making fun of karate, as they likely have no idea what a decent karate-ka can do.