• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Shotokans speed

Shotokan_Fighter

if i do get beat that wont bother me, its not like if i loose im gona stop training, or think shotokan is useless, what beats me will make me stronger, what i mean by that is i will train harder, find out what i did that made me loose, if i do loose so be it, it wont stop me in any form, i will still continue my shotokan karate training.

Ahh!!!, nothing like the enthusiasm of a young tournament fighter! :D

I practice the same style. Yes, we hit real hard. So do a lot of other styles. Some of us are faster than others. Im not lightning quick but I have good reflexes and hand speed. I dont think the dream puncher is a

shotokan phenomenon. Its more of a tournament thing. We reverse punch alot so you expect to see one coming. I defend against it every class, you cant block everything. I still get hit. The real danger of all this is overconfidence. Tournament karate success will in no way make you an invincable death machine. If its for real there are no points and the attacker doesn't stop after you score. He could grab you, throw you to the ground, bite, scratch,eye gouge, elbow, ect...... We tend to stand a better chance in a fight than an untrained individual in a fight but, that dosn't mean we won't get our clock cleaned either....... :karate:

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awright...

So, I ask u people here, in terms of the motion of the punch, from it's beggining to it's end, wut's the difference between that in karate styles?

You could be a Wado karateka, a Shorin Karateka, a whatever karateka, the motion of your punch will be the same as everybody else!

There ain't such things as "In shito-ryu we punch this way", "In shotokan we punch that way"!

So, you guys might be thinking:"Wut's your point?"

My point is, to say that a style is fastest than another is absurd! of course some styles focus more on strenght, other on speed and so on!

For example shotokan is famous for it's incredible gyaku zuki's! That's theirs speciallity! but if a goju want's to master this technique as shotokan guys master it, he can! because he knows the motion, the only thing he has to do is to put as much effort on the gyaku ziku as the shotokan guys do...

MA are like drinks, if you're thirsty you can drink a lot of things to cease it...

for example, you can drink water, beer or whatever, so there aint no thing as the best MA, or karate style, each one has it's characteristics, you just have to pick one to cease your thirst...

well... i guess that's all... thanx... see ya...

If you could improve yourself in only three or two months, everybody would be invencible...

tenkamusou said:

MA are like drinks, if you're thirsty you can drink a lot of things to cease it...

for example, you can drink water, beer or whatever, so there aint no thing as the best MA, or karate style, each one has it's characteristics, you just have to pick one to cease your thirst...

Thats a great way to sum it up.