• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Shotokans speed

Shotokan_Fighter

Well... Maybe when u go to a all style tournament.. u'll realize... hope u keep your shotokan studyin, and hope that you do not loose so bad to anyone in other style... cause I can't imagine wut that would do to you...

maybe it'll show that your becoming each time more limited as a fighter every day...

If you could improve yourself in only three or two months, everybody would be invencible...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, now guys.

Shotokan is an extremely effective form of karate and there are guys that I would never like to fight in this art. For the English folk think of Terry O'Neil, Frank Brennan, Billy Higgins, etc yesterdays heroes admitedly but they are formidable exponents that have made major contributions to the karate world. Not to mention totally dominating the tournament arena.

My original point was that Shotokan is a good style but so are the others. Alot has to do with the karateka rather than the style, as we all know...........

I keep asking God what I'm for and he tells me........."gee I'm not sure!"

if i do get beat that wont bother me, its not like if i loose im gona stop training, or think shotokan is useless, what beats me will make me stronger, what i mean by that is i will train harder, find out what i did that made me loose, if i do loose so be it, it wont stop me in any form, i will still continue my shotokan karate training.

"When I fight, I fight with my heart,and soul. My heart, and soul is Shotokan Karate."

Shotokan_fighters creed

"karate has to come natural in a fight, if you have to think about using karate in a fight, you will loose the fight"

3rd kyu brown belt - shotokan karate

Shotokan_Fighter Said:

me i really coud care less about any style besised shotokan karate

If you don't care then why would you post a topic like this where people are obviously going to disagree with some of the things you say?

Shotokan_Fighter Said:

i said i was fast, what do you mean easy to see coming, yeah right man, my attacks come fast, stong and are not easy to see coming

How do you know your 'fast' and 'strong' if you have never compared with other styles who may or may not be 'faster' and 'stronger' ? I believe the record for most punches is held by a wing chun practisioner of 8.6 punches per second. Are you that fast?

How do you know your 'fast' and 'strong' if you have never compared with other styles who may or may not be 'faster' and 'stronger' ? I believe the record for most punches is held by a wing chun practisioner of 8.6 punches per second. Are you that fast?

ill let that guy hit me with all them punches and i bet there not near as powerfull as one of my punches, his punches may be fast but that fast would make them lack some power. i have compared my skill against a other style, TKD he was nothing to me. i will compare my skill against other styles in the future.

"When I fight, I fight with my heart,and soul. My heart, and soul is Shotokan Karate."

Shotokan_fighters creed

"karate has to come natural in a fight, if you have to think about using karate in a fight, you will loose the fight"

3rd kyu brown belt - shotokan karate

8.6 punches per second. Are you that fast?

Thats amazing 8.6 a second ? How long did he keep that up for if he could do that for a minute he would be doing 516 punches even at 20 seconds he could still do 172. Thats pretty damn good.

However Id like to know how hard he hit with each punch, I think when they do those how fast can you punch or kick there should be a lb per square inch minimum, for each punch ot count.

Whats the name of the guy who did that do you have a link to that, I think the guy at least deserves some recognition and have his picture posted for that record.

Both arts are fast, wing chunners just throw differnt types of punches they are good along with shotokan. Both are known for there speed. I bet Wing chun and Karate have more similarities then they do differences at a high level.

ill let that guy hit me with all them punches and i bet there not near as powerfull as one of my punches, his punches may be fast but that fast would make them lack some power. i have compared my skill against a other style, TKD he was nothing to me. i will compare my skill against other styles in the future.

ROTFLMAO

Are you serious, or are you just trolling?

Either way, Please report to your nearest boxing gym.

Andrew Green

http://innovativema.ca - All the top martial arts news!

StoneSkin, everything you said is very true. I agree they should measure power. And i agree that karate and wing chun have more similarity than differences. Most of the techniques can be performed in a similar way. The name of the man is William Cheung, he is chinese and lives in Australia, he is the sole inheritor of wing chun, and trained with bruce lee for a while. His site is http://www.cheungswingchun.com/WWCKFAindex.html

I once met a karate-ka who could flap his lips at 50 words per second. His mouth boxing was superior, hahaha!

Anyway the style from which Shotokan derives the majority of its principles, Shorin Ryu, is definitely the fastest of the karates. Wado is the Japanese attempt to mirror that original relaxed speed. That is why Ohtsuka injected some Juho (Soft) principles from JJJ. Ti does that for the Okinawan styles.

The mix of hard and soft is very prevalent in the NahaTe and ShuriTe arts of Okinawa. When you try and mix Goju and Shorin principles without sticking to one style, stuff gets twisted. So now Shotokan looks like very single-minded hard Shorin or non-circular tense Goju. Weird combos for fighting, especially when you are older and beyond schoolboy karate.

Traditional=Eternal

Nidan, Hakutsurukan