• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

shi.to ryu karate

sansoouser

what do you know about this style and how does it compare to some other styles of karate?

The amateur shoots his hands out ferociously, but lacks any true power. A master is not so flamboyant, but his touch is as heavy as a mountain.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
i dont know much about shito ryu, so i couldt tell ya that m uch about it.

"When I fight, I fight with my heart,and soul. My heart, and soul is Shotokan Karate."

Shotokan_fighters creed

"karate has to come natural in a fight, if you have to think about using karate in a fight, you will loose the fight"

3rd kyu brown belt - shotokan karate

Shito ryu is like any other style. Within each style there is the potential for an effective means of self defense. It all depends on the school, the teacher and how the student applies what they learn.

This 50 kata style is too much. Overkill for sure. Mabuni Kenwa was a veritable encyclopedia of kata. The problem is transferring all of the bunkai and techs appropriately and adequately with up to 50 Shuri Te and Naha Te kata involved. Their stances are too deep, and they have gone the way of competition slap-tag karate, especially the Japanese variety.

Traditional=Eternal

Nidan, Hakutsurukan

Shito ryu is a very well based system with the proper blend of naha te and shuri te. Of course im going to defend it cause ive been doing it for aver 20 years. Yes Shito ryu has alot of kata but you do not requir all of those kata for promotion. The way I see it is after you have been practising for several years you h ave a core set of kata. For instence I have a set of around 8 to 10 kata that I will do every time I workout.

As a teacher when I come across a person who seems like they may be able to run or enjoy a paticular kata more then I do, I will teach it to them so that it will not be lost in time liek some other kata have.

This is just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions.

Karate is not a sport , it is a way of life .

Sandan Motobu ha Shi-to ryu karate

Katsu ryu kempo

Ryukyu kobudo

I practise this style and I like it very much. It is a quick style with many quick and light kata's, it reminds me of kung-fu a bit. The slow open hand movements/strikes are so cool in this style. In Wado-Ryu, I never see any open hand movements or strikes in katas.

Kill is love