• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Isshinryu Karate?

Seraph

i eat sleep and breath my style, it isnt isshinryu, but i have alot of respect for you fire ka, beacuse your like i am when it comes to your style. you know how we are, there are few karate kas like us. I study shotokan he studys isshinryu. we both have the same goals, we both want to proove that our style are that dang good. if you have read my posts you know how i am about my style.

"When I fight, I fight with my heart,and soul. My heart, and soul is Shotokan Karate."

Shotokan_fighters creed

"karate has to come natural in a fight, if you have to think about using karate in a fight, you will loose the fight"

3rd kyu brown belt - shotokan karate

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope there are karate kas out there that think the same way about there style as i do, as fire ka does. but thats what seperates us from other karate kas.

"When I fight, I fight with my heart,and soul. My heart, and soul is Shotokan Karate."

Shotokan_fighters creed

"karate has to come natural in a fight, if you have to think about using karate in a fight, you will loose the fight"

blah! a wrestler can kiss the water goddess on my isshinryu patch! here ill sew it to the back of my gi pants for him. i took some wrestling, im not gonna claim to be a pro at it or a master, but i honest to god do not see how he is supposed to take me down. thats ME personally, me booasting my speed, not my style, im not saying its not possible but the only way a wrestler, me knowing his strategy, is going to get me on the ground is to grab a limb which wont be easy on me, because im damn sure not getting close enough to him for a take down and ill nagle around any forward he dreams of making.

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty

My money is on the wrestler.

Go watch the early UFC's see what happened to all the karate fighters that thought they couldn't be taken down.

I mean even when it was just two karate guys in there it ended up on the ground and neither of them had planned that...

Besides, if you are close enough to hit, you have been close enough to shoot on for some time.

Andrew Green

http://innovativema.ca - All the top martial arts news!

oh ye of little faith1 i guess theres only one way to find out though huh? ill find a decent wrestling opponet, get you and someother bigies here to approve him/her, and film the fight. this should be intresting.

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty

I think there is some grappling involved in the higher ranks of shotokan, im not entirely certaain though as I am knew to Shotokan. I know the basic idea behind it, is one strike and the fight is over. I love grappling I think its good to know but, Shoto_Kan Fighter and Fireka are very dedicated to there arts, and wish to master them. If their sensai's teach them takedown and grappling technique im sure they will do there best to master them.

id love to fight a wrestler beacuse the wrestler wouldnt even know whats coming, i prolly wouldnt even fight one beacuse it would be a waste of time. i could almost garuntee i could beat and average school wrestler anyday.

Shotokan_fighters creed

Isn't it interesting to see how a post of questions has turned into this? Haha.

A couple of more questions:

What are the common injuries in Isshinryu?

How are mistakes treated in general in Karate (i've heard some negative things).

And should I do anything before trying to begin (ex. begin exercising more regularly, run, grow a mohawk and look like Mr. T :lol: )?

Thanks to those who've already answered my other questions.

Isshin-ryu is an Okinawan style, which means it derives all of it's self defence drills from the old proven methods stored in kata form. And it also means that kata training (= form training) has a meaning for the Isshin-ryu fighter, not just the Isshin-ryu martial artist (some people teach kata just as an "art form" and "solo exercise" and don't know much about it's place in fighting training where two people open the kata's ti-chi-ki).

I would rate Isshin-ryu to be quite safe. If you aren't terribly overweight or anything, you don't have to prepare for the beginner classes, but if you like, you can always work on your cardiovascular fitness.