• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Things NOT to say to your instructor...

Don't say anything like this...

"Yo, Sensei! Think fast!" *take swing at Sensei's head*

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your instructor is a girl, DON'T be the guy that comes up to her and asks if she can stay after class or come over to his place for a "private ground sparring tutoring session". :lol:

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

How about; "I think my old club was better than this one..."

Or

"I'm bored..."

Or

"I think I'm gonna take up (nsert rival martial arts here.You know you have one!)"

Or

"I think ballet is more my thing..."

Practice more if you wanna pass that grading!

Brown (2th kyu) Trodai Karate, training for Black. Ready to become a Capoeirista once more.

"I'm bored..."

This reminds me of a lesson I was taking with the juniors once. It was a quiet session and we were in the unusual situation of a 8th Kyu being class captain (and he's only about 5/6 years old, bless him). We were sat down in seiza and I was waiting for him to start the lesson off by calling "Sensei ni rei!". Anyway he obviously had no idea what to say so instead of just admitting this he suddenly slumped down and just came out with "I'm bored!". Me and the other instructor just looked at each other gobsmacked... and then couldn't help bursting out laughing, meanwhile trying to explain why this was not the right attitude to take.

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum

I sometimes find that, b3ecause mymartial art is western, I find it difficult to understand some of the posts, havingonly a limited vocabulary from my Judo days. It would be interesting to have a forum of terminology, and what it means and what (if known) martial art it applies to!

If there's already one, please tell me, if not well there's a great idea for a starting post!

In fact...I'll go start one now! (This could take some time)

Practice more if you wanna pass that grading!

Brown (2th kyu) Trodai Karate, training for Black. Ready to become a Capoeirista once more.