• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 4 weeks later...
Yah but it's a shame with the "no punchign face" rule. Thats why I left. I looked around me and saw people who practice tae kwon do for 15 years, and I noticed they kept their hands COMPLETELY down by their waist when they sparred. Becuase punches were not involved in their sparring at all. Which is a VERY bad thing in a full contact. Funny, cause you see white belts with hands up but black belt 2nd degree with hands down.

• 3 weeks later...
my first tournament I noticed this.. and actually took gold because of it in my class in sparring. Our instructor no matter what rank.. taught us.. hands up at all times. The students from other schools, who didn't have their hands up were so easy to get through. They had no defense whatsoever. Of course our instructor was teaching us more self defense aspects than competition, but either way.. to me if whether its only sparring, or an actual fight.. keep those hands up. I defeated several opponents.. and never threw the first kick. I know alot of people say TKD is not a combative art.. and I agree for the most part. But its really along the way u learn, and how u use it. I would never go to a tournament with no hands up.. would u fight a real fight with no hands up?

"Fear does not exist in this dojo does it?"

i would bring the right hand up a bit. unless your up against someone who kicks a lot. i've found that if your front hand is down, 9 times out of 10 they'll kick to the head as their first move. from there the rest of the round is controlled by you :) :karate:

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

yeah. in the competitions that i have been to recently no one has punched all that much, but i score a lot on punches. also, i agree with the no punch to the face rule--it makes sure no one is too badly injured.

Tae Kwon Do

15-years old

purple--belt