• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of the Heian kata I like Yondan.

Overall I like Jittie and Hangetsu

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

of the heian katas i like godan, that is a awsome kata. I also like empi, that is a neat looking kata.

"When I fight, I fight with my heart,and soul. My heart, and soul is Shotokan Karate."

Shotokan_fighters creed

"karate has to come natural in a fight, if you have to think about using karate in a fight, you will loose the fight"

3rd kyu brown belt - shotokan karate

Way of the Wolverine...If you don't really consider that a "true" kata then I'd have to choose Shisochin... :)

"Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make."

-Bruce Lee

What's your favorite kata? This may seem strange, but I simply love Heian Sandan. It's very beautiful and fluid in my opinion.

Supa limpe, Kusanku, senchin.

I like all the Pinans but especially yondan and godan.

I love Naihanchi (tekki) and Pasai.

Seisan is good, I love the sudden change from slow movements to fast, like going from calm to an explosion of power :D

motoko

2nd Kyu Brown Belt, Wado Ryu Karate-do

"Daniel-san best karate still inside!" Mr Myagi

Empi is very fun as well Shotokan Fighter but Im not great at the jump so I don't consider it one of my better kata's yet.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Hakutsuru or Go pei sho take your pick.

Fireka: Seisan has a long history:

Takahara Peichin -> Tode Sakugawa -> Sokon (Bushi) Matsumura -> Chotoku Kyan -> Tatsuo Shimabuku. That is how it came into the Isshin Ryu system.