• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

shi to ryu karate

sansoouser

Is shi to ryu karate an effective fighting art? Does it teach realistic fighting ways and how does it compare to other martial arts?

The amateur shoots his hands out ferociously, but lacks any true power. A master is not so flamboyant, but his touch is as heavy as a mountain.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
i wouldnt know, i dont train in shito ryu karate, but i suppose it does tech you something, so you know how to fight.

"When I fight, I fight with my heart,and soul. My heart, and soul is Shotokan Karate."

Shotokan_fighters creed

"karate has to come natural in a fight, if you have to think about using karate in a fight, you will loose the fight"

3rd kyu brown belt - shotokan karate

Is shi to ryu karate an effective fighting art? Does it teach realistic fighting ways and how does it compare to other martial arts?

It's one of the 'big four' karate styles... (Shotokan, Goju, Shitoryu, ?). It's effectiveness probably depends more on the school/teacher and the student than anything else.

See http://directory.google.com/Top/Sports/Martial_Arts/Karate/Shito_Ryu/?il=1 (the first link has lots of great info).

Shitoryu Itosukai

Tsuruoka Karate

well.. shito ryu would be one of the most complete style.. cause it has all shotokan katas, all goju, and a few that only shito ryu has... i don't know if that fair of me to say but i guess shito ryu is one of the hardest styles to master... because it has so many katas... and the rest, like, kihon, waza, they're all the same, the only difference is that in shitoryu the main stance is motodachi, and we don't have kokutsu dachi like shotokan, our kokutsu is like an inverted zenkustu, and we don't use Kiba dachi, we use shiko dachi... but these are the only differences... cause the rest it's all the same...

If you could improve yourself in only three or two months, everybody would be invencible...