• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Full contact karate

sansoouser

Does this mean everything goes? Do you wear gloves or anything or just go fight each other?

The amateur shoots his hands out ferociously, but lacks any true power. A master is not so flamboyant, but his touch is as heavy as a mountain.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Well full contact in my style would be no pads and the person wins by knocking out or stunning the opponent for I believe 3 sec. You still have rules to follow. Certain techniques aren't allowed, but it's still really rough.

Sempai Emily

2nd Kyu-Brown Belt

---The true essence of the Martial Way can only be realized through experience. Knowing this, learn never to fear its demands.

--- Mas. Oyama ---

Well full contact in my style would be no pads and the person wins by knocking out or stunning the opponent for I believe 3 sec. You still have rules to follow. Certain techniques aren't allowed, but it's still really rough.

What are the rules?

I keep asking God what I'm for and he tells me........."gee I'm not sure!"

The only full contact you will ever do is when you get in a REAL fight. I don't care what the rules say you will pull things and not do stuff to the other guy because of respect.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

There is a kyokushin dojo across town that loves full contact and traditions. The only protection they wear is a mouth gard and a cup, and the only rule is don't punch to the face basically. You fight until somebody hits the floor twice, or doesn't get up the first time.

I've heard from people that have gone there to see what it's like, and they saw one particularly brutal fight... Leg shots until the guy couldn't move fast enough and finished off with a side kick that threw him into and through a wall. Who knows how true that story really is, but I can just imagine the guy's legs dangling out of a hole in the wall and hear him quietly asking for help from the next room. :lol: :P

Telsun I copied this off of the official US IFK Kyokushin website.

Knockdown Fighting

Knockdown fighting is what Kyokushin Karate is famous for full contact fighting with no pads.

Legal fighting techniques include any leg techniques (kicks, knee strikes, etc.) to the legs, body, face or head, and any hand techniques (fists, elbows, etc.) to the body.

The fighters are divided into weight divisions, and if there are enough fighters over the age of 32, a senior's division as well.

A Knockdown fight lasts two minutes, without stopping, and is won by a single point (ippon), which is awarded when a technique sufficiently stuns the opponent so that he is unable to resume fighting within five seconds. A half point (waza ari) can be awarded for a technique that momentarily stuns the opponent. If no point is awarded during the two minute round, the referee and corner judges can decide upon a winner or send the fight into an overtime round.

Because of the stamina and endurance needed to defeat five or six opponents and win the event, it is often said of Knockdown competition that "there are no winners, only survivors."

Sempai Emily

2nd Kyu-Brown Belt

---The true essence of the Martial Way can only be realized through experience. Knowing this, learn never to fear its demands.

--- Mas. Oyama ---

That is very much appreciated kyokushin thank you. I really must try it.........

I keep asking God what I'm for and he tells me........."gee I'm not sure!"

hi

in my karate big gloves and everything goes but it must be a karate move

the rules

1st to 3 point wins

get as many points in 30 secs

ko wins

L8er :karate:

Trodai Karate, Brown Belt 1nd Kyu

"Belts Are For Holding Your Pants Up" Bruce Lee

"With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"Ben Paker