• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kashima Shinryu

bigpopparob2000

I'm considering joining the Kashima Shinryu club at my college when it starts up again this fall. I was wondering if anyone here studies or has studied KS. How would you describe it?

It appears that the art puts a lot of emphasis on combat for training as opposed to katas, so I was thinking it would be a good art for self defense. However, the descriptions I've read about KS have said that it preserves the techniques and martial insights of medieval Japanese warriors. Isn't innovation the key to building your and your martial art's potential for effective defense? Does preserving the old techniques detract from the art's ability to teach effective self defense?

Also, the art is said to encompass fighting in all ranges (weapons, striking, and grappling techniques). The websites I've looked at said the striking techniques are primarily composed of projectile punches? Perhaps I already know what projectile punches are and I'm just unfamiliar with the term. Anyways, what are projectile punches?

Thank you kindly for any answers.

https://www.uga.edu/ksr

https://www.kashima-shinruy.us

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
never herd of that style so i couldnt tell you anything

"When I fight, I fight with my heart,and soul. My heart, and soul is Shotokan Karate."

Shotokan_fighters creed

"karate has to come natural in a fight, if you have to think about using karate in a fight, you will loose the fight"

3rd kyu brown belt - shotokan karate

Shotokan_Fighter Said:

never herd of that style so i couldnt tell you anything

Is someone trying to increase there rank on KF with posts that don't answer the questions??