• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A question about Jin's enbu from Tekken 4

MysticRonin101

Hi, I'm new here. Anyways, in Tekken 4 there is this character named Jin who practices traditional Karate. I was so amazed when I saw him perform the enbus-so much power and grace. So now I'm wondering what type of Karate does he practice? It says he does "traditional" karate, but there are so many branches of "traditional" karate these days ranging from shotokan, ishin-ryu, goju-ryu, wado, etc. etc. Anybody out there who has played Tekken 4, can you tell me specifically what type of Karate does Jin practice and shed some light on my ignorance? Thanks in advance.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

well, there's an embu that jin does that do not exist in karate... it's not a real kata...

and there one that is a mix between Pian Yondan and Heian Yondan...

looks a lot like shorin-ryu, but in shorin there are no Chudan Yoko Geri kicks like he does in the game... that's the shotokan part... and the embusen is a little bit different, the ending is like Heian Yondan, and the middle part is like pian nidan...

hope I helped...

If you could improve yourself in only three or two months, everybody would be invencible...

Well... as I said it's a mix of both... he doesn't do any style in special... it's just a mix... could be shito ryu and shotokan, or shito ryu and wado... it's just a mix of different versions of the kata...

and u should play less tekken... cause u're kinda loosin it... if you start karate over a video game you're already startin it wrong...

peace

If you could improve yourself in only three or two months, everybody would be invencible...

Thanks Tenkamusuo for replying, appreciate it.

But please don't get me wrong, I'm not motivated by the video game itself, it's just that when I saw him do the enbu it captured my attention. Come on man, just look at that grace, power, and beauty from his kata.

It's just that most martial arts these days concentrate too much on the external side (call it western martial arts), and it's been a while since I've seen a martial art that combines both external and internal energy in perfect harmony, hence, Jin. Even though it's a video game, you can't deny the elegance of that enbu. Thanks again, and no I'm not losing it.

there REAL HUMAN people that do 100 times better then him... go watch a class... no matter de style... just see what REAL karate is about... not based on a game...

Jin move are based on real karate move but different names

the karate it i do is like jins, i sturdy Trodai Karate

the website is: http://mysite.freeserve.com/ashbykarate

L8er :karate:

Trodai Karate, Brown Belt 1nd Kyu

"Belts Are For Holding Your Pants Up" Bruce Lee

"With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"Ben Paker