Shootfighting as well.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Generally it will depend on the person and how they train in and use the techniques they have been taught... The best self defence style for me may not be the best self defence style for you. All comes down to the practicioner.

Difficult to say as I have only trained in ITF Taekwon-Do and WWCKFA Wing Chun, both these systems have their strengths and weaknesses.

I tend to agree with G95champ’s list and Bruce Lees theory of understanding and utilising all ways but bound too none.

John G Jarrett

III Dan, ITF Taekwon-Do

1 shotokan karate

2.shotokan karate

3.shotokan karate

4.shotokan karate

5.shotokan karate

6.shotokan karate

7.shotokan karate

8.shotokan karate

9.shotokan karate

10.shotokan karate

"When I fight, I fight with my heart,and soul. My heart, and soul is Shotokan Karate."

Shotokan_fighters creed

"karate has to come natural in a fight, if you have to think about using karate in a fight, you will loose the fight"

3rd kyu brown belt - shotokan karate

1 shotokan karate

2.shotokan karate

3.shotokan karate

4.shotokan karate

5.shotokan karate

6.shotokan karate

7.shotokan karate

8.shotokan karate

9.shotokan karate

10.shotokan karate

yes shotokan is 100% complete and perfect in every way! :roll:

shoto whats the difference between your styles? Shotokan like every style is incomplete so in order to become a great fighter you would need to master more than one.

The amateur shoots his hands out ferociously, but lacks any true power. A master is not so flamboyant, but his touch is as heavy as a mountain.

Shotokan like every style is incomplete so in order to become a great fighter you would need to master more than one.

i dont need to become a great fighter buy training in different styles. ill become a great fighter by deticating my life to one style and training in one style for the rest of my life, i will master this one style and become a great fighter. the one style is shotokan karate. I dont want to and i wont train in any other style, i will stay with shotokan karate and master it.

"When I fight, I fight with my heart,and soul. My heart, and soul is Shotokan Karate."

Shotokan_fighters creed

"karate has to come natural in a fight, if you have to think about using karate in a fight, you will loose the fight"

i dont need to become a great fighter buy training in different styles. ill become a great fighter by deticating my life to one style and training in one style for the rest of my life, i will master this one style and become a great fighter. the one style is shotokan karate. I dont want to and i wont train in any other style, i will stay with shotokan karate and master it.

Lol.. And you'll probably end up just like that Shotokan fighter in Spain who didn't think he needed to cross train to beat the BJJ fighter.

Go here if you don't know what I'm talking about:

http://www.bullshido.com/dl_goto.asp?id=64

Lol.. And you'll probably end up just like that Shotokan fighter in Spain who didn't think he needed to cross train to beat the BJJ fighter.

why in the hell does everyone compared all shotokan fighters to that video clip? that shotokan karate ka didnt even attack he ran right into the BJJ stylist. A shotokan karate ka wouldnt run right into him, with out even attacking, he wasnt a good fighter.

Shotokan_fighters creed