• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alertness

Loss of Ego (no need to prove you da baddest mamajamma)

Black belt in Run-Fu

Lots of friends

Shotgun

Howbitzer

A bomb

Cruise missile

Don't be there the trouble is at all

100 pals lined up behind you

bullit proff vest

bow and arrow

an F-14 Tomcat

AH-64 Apache D type "Longbow" helicopter

LOL :lol: rofl

Thats the most realistic list I have ever seen. I advice you all to keep that list in your hearts and obey it. :karate:

Drunken Monkey

I dont believe wing chun is a shaolin beater, Shaolin has a VERY long list of arsenals of techniques, that can counter it. Just like any other style can beat any style out there(but perhaps you meant that to :-? ). Yes, there are styles thats better than others(to know that, you will have to look at the training and philosofy...my guess). But there are so many factors in a fight. Like

(Is the other a natural better fighter than the other(Who has studied his style the longest(Who has most fighting-experience(Did you get breakfasts(Did you stay up to late last night(Does the other fighter have a mental illness that makes him a little slower thinking that the other guy(what is his tactic(Or did he just have a bad day?

All these factors are more(correct my if mistaking) important than what style he practice.

Personally Im getting a little sick of hearing "My style can beat all the other styles. Just like my dad can beat up your dad". I get enough of that childish talk at my school.

One thing I havent heard is about Wushu. I know Wushu is one of the names for kung fu in china, its also a newer updated edition of classical Gung Fu with some ballet looking movements in it but.

Heres the question: All the schools ive been to said "Wushu is show kung fu and not useful in a real fight" and also "WUshu is nice looking kung fu without power". But none of them has practiced it ever, so I ask, "how can you be so certain?". I have read in a website with it, that says that theres nothing better. I know thats wrong but just how wrong is it? If there is one who has studied traditional Gung Fu and also Wushu, could you then tell me if its useful in a real fighting situation?

"aznkarateboi has given us a broad environment and situation of a guy just attacks you in an alley or in a parking lot. Let’s make it a blind ally only one way in and one way out. It is indeed unfortunate that we live in such a place as most martial artists would avoid walking down alleys, but alas.

As we walk down the ally on this sunny afternoon wearing runners, jeans, tank top/t-shirt we hear foot steps behind us, as we turn we a confronted by a of a man five feet ten inches tall slim build some 5 – 6 feet away from us brandishing a knife.

When you ask the gentleman what he wants he replies “I just bought this hunting knife and thought I would have some fun and stick someone”

Your back is up against the wall and you have less than 3 seconds to react, what do you do and which martial arts you think would help you deal with this situation."

I would through down my bag, open it and take out my nunchachu an beat the living sh.. out of him. and I can easily do that in 3 seconds. :P

….

the best thing in a real situation has more to do with attiude and fortitude than style. :x

the bottom line is you must be willing to do what it takes to survive. if that means gouging someones eyes out or breaking bones or well you get the point no matter what your trained in if you are not willing to use it for real than its worthless :karate:

If it's me or the bad guy Im going home period :kaioken:

Phil

Ryu Kyu Christian Karate Federation

"Do not be dependent on others for your improvement. Pay respect to God and Buddha

but do not reley on them." Musashi

"I dont believe wing chun is a shaolin beater"

try reading what i typed again.

you seemed to have missed the point.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

DM has a exclamation on HIS signature now.

"the best thing in a real situation has more to do with attiude and fortitude than style."

I agree. Great choice of words. I going to have to "steal" it and use it in a self defense session.

I am so sorry Drunken Monkey. I looked at this

the wrong way "technically speaking, it is anti-shaolin"

Again I apologies.

I seem to argue allot with you. Many of my other replies looks like I try to correct you and argue. It isnt my intentions when I write them though. Could we start on a fresh?

no offence but i don't give a monkey's if you feel like i need to be corrected.

in fact, if you do think i'm wrong, then feel free to tell me.

just bare in mind that if you correct me,

or anyone else for taht matter,

with something that turns out to be wrong or misguided,

or even just misunderstood,

it just looks bad for you.....

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."