• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Top 10 Self Defense Martial Arts

"look,

if there was ONE superior style

we'd all be doing it already... "

No. Wrong. Since some styles are inherently better than others, there has to be a best style. However, everyone's opinion of it differs. Thus, not everyone would agree on one "Best style".

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why are some arts inherently better than others?

if there is one best art, then why isn't everyone doing that art? (seeing as all others MUST be inherently worse...)

if no one agrees then there is no best art.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

"why are some arts inherently better than others?"

Different factors. Purpose, scientific knowledge, innovations, real world testing, simplicity, etc.

"if there is one best art, then why isn't everyone doing that art? (seeing as all others MUST be inherently worse...) "

Because not everyone will agree. People naturally are biased for their own arts.

"if no one agrees then there is no best art."

That's not neccesarily true. What if a bunch of people suddenly concluded that the Thailnd was in reality the most powerful nation. Would that make it true? Only in their eyes. And they would most likely be Thais themselves.

so what you are saying, is that even if someone said there was a best art, it's not true...

so there is no best art.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

No. If a question is disputed, does that mean that an answer does not exist? I didn't think so.

"so what you are saying, is that even if someone said there was a best art, it's not true..."

You could make your statement true by adding the word 'neccesarily' before the word "true".

"so there is no best art."

If any art is superior by any amount to any other art in terms of self defense, then yes, there is a best art.

i think that in your attempt to say that i am wrong, you seem to have missed the fact that you are actually agreeing with me...

Clearly not all styles are made equal. i.e. a TKD'ist is 95% of the time less prepared for a street encounter than a Krav Maga'ist. Thus KM is better for self defense, simply put. If not all styles are equal and some are simply better than others for self defense, than the one that is better than all of the others for self defense can be called the best. Is that not true?

PS: Don't ask me to name the best style. To do this would require a detailed analysis of every art in existence. The best art IS out there, don't let your ignorance tell you that it is not.