• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Grading

Guitar_lover

What other kata have you done??? Hein Nidan has the same back stance and knife hand sequence as Shodan does. Sandan, Yondan, and Godan all feature backstances.

Just my advice but unless you feel good about the kata don't test. No shame in waiting make sure you can put your best foot forward when testing don't accept for OK and hope to just slide by.

I would assume the backstance is a big part of your basics as well durring the test. Again work it as much as you can. Don't be afraid to work it. At the same time like I said if you don't think your ready then wait.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
yeah, about the spaghetti, don't eat it a half hour before. the night before is a much better solution :bigwink: that's what my cross country team does the day before a race. we get together and have a big spaghetti dinner. i'm sure it applies to MA. also, in regards to balance, are you tensing your stomach muscles? that seems to work for me. i was having horrible balance one day in class, and my instructor told me to do it, and i did, and it may have just been a placebo, but whenever i'm having trouble balancing, i just tense up my stomach muscles and i always seem to find my balance :)

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

What other kata have you done??? Hein Nidan has the same back stance and knife hand sequence as Shodan does. Sandan, Yondan, and Godan all feature backstances.

Just my advice but unless you feel good about the kata don't test. No shame in waiting make sure you can put your best foot forward when testing don't accept for OK and hope to just slide by.

I would assume the backstance is a big part of your basics as well durring the test. Again work it as much as you can. Don't be afraid to work it. At the same time like I said if you don't think your ready then wait.

Yeah, I don't want to sit the grading, but my instructor is pushing for it. I missed the official grading and after it he tried to get me to say I'd test some other time, but everytime he asked me, I said no, but he it still pushing for me to test.

The test tonight was cancelled, so I've to sit it another time. Who knows when.

Smile. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.

Well DID IT, passed the nasty nasty Gradeing. God did they make me work for it. But yeah alll isssssss good. How Did the cheakymusican do then?

PEACE AND LOVE.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace"

Well DID IT, passed the nasty nasty Gradeing. God did they make me work for it. But yeah alll isssssss good. How Did the cheakymusican do then?

Still waiting to sit mine, I'm afraid. Its horrible. I keep getting all psyched up and ready to test and then don't get to test and get told I'll do it some other time soon.

I didn't even bother going to karate tonight 'cause I couldn't face getting all sick with nerves only to be told I wasn't going to do it again.

I know. *slaps wrists* Waits to be lectured about not missing karate, especially due to uncontrollable fear of gradings.

Smile. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.