• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The 2nd greatest martial artist of all time!

Ok, everyone knows Bruce Lee is the greatest martial artist of all time, but who is the second greatest martial artist of all time. Who is there (or was there) that is in the same league as master Lee. Discuss.

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Miyagi Chojun was the greatest martial artist of all time, myself.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

I think that it would be best to discuss who your favorite martial artists are without the assumption statements (Well, we all know that Patrick O'Keefe is the greatest martial artist ever, etc.). :)

Ole Pat is not to bad but I don't think I'd call him the greatest but a top 10er no doubt. LOL....

When you phrase the question everyone knows Lee. Because of what he did for MA on the whole be it karate, kung fu, MMA, etc..... All of us can list our styles founder or great master but that don't mean a lot to people from another style. In other words Gichin Funakoshi don't mean a lot to many MT and BJJ guys.

So I think the question needs to be put as to who do you think did more for MA. Which means it has to be someone everyone knows reguardless of style and org.

So with all the BS said my vote has to go to Chuck Norris hands down.....

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Bruce Lee was no way the best ever - he never had a real fight as far as anyone really knows, all stories are anecdotal and most of them are disputed by various people.

Geoff Thompson has had 200 real fights and never lost - is he better than Bruce Lee ? He certainly has had more victories and experience...

The greatest martial artist to ever live, aside from Yip Man and my teacher, was probably some unheardof fighter. Those who have not used their art in a 'martial' situation over and over - therefore killerd - are what Bruce would call Land-Swimmers.

>>>PS<<<

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Self-defense is only an illusion, a dark cloak beneath which lurks a razor-sharp dagger waiting to be plunged into the first unwary victim. Sifu Wong.

Ok, everyone knows Bruce Lee is the greatest martial artist of all time, but who is the second greatest martial artist of all time. Who is there (or was there) that is in the same league as master Lee. Discuss.

Sorry, but there's no way bruce lee was the greatest martial artist of all time. THere are still better living, and there were MUCH better alive hundreds of years ago. Think about it.