stencil

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am currently a 3rd kyu brown belt and i love it, i am so close yet so far away from my black belt. but i will never give up even when i get my BB i wont stop there. Shotokan Karate isnt just a way of my life, it is my life.

"When I fight, I fight with my heart,and soul. My heart, and soul is Shotokan Karate."

Shotokan_fighters creed

"karate has to come natural in a fight, if you have to think about using karate in a fight, you will loose the fight"

3rd kyu brown belt - shotokan karate

Yeah, kickin the crap out of a black belt is a real ego booster too.

Not all BB can fight. Not all lower belts can't.

It is the responsibiltiy of the senior student to fight at the level of what

ever rank there opponet is at. Sparring is not really fighting, It is controlled combat reenactment.

Remember the old saying........

A belt only covers 2" of your A--, the rest is up to you.......

Sparring is a learning experience. Its better to lose in the dojo than to get killed on the street. :karate:

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

I was in the brown belt ranks for 2 years (we have 3 brown belts, w/a minimum of 4 months and a certain number of trainings between each one), plus I had some health issues, so I can relate to the "brown belt blues". Just keep pluggin' away, you'll get there!

I've seen many disciples with brown belt who have left karate. And I've always thought that god how can they leave when they are so near to get shodan? I would wait till I get shodan and then leave!

Kill is love

Yeah, kickin the crap out of a black belt is a real ego booster too.

Not all BB can fight. Not all lower belts can't.

It is the responsibiltiy of the senior student to fight at the level of what

ever rank there opponet is at. Sparring is not really fighting, It is controlled combat reenactment.

Remember the old saying........

A belt only covers 2" of your A--, the rest is up to you.......

Sparring is a learning experience. Its better to lose in the dojo than to get killed on the street. :karate:

This I know. I was just having fun ... lighten up!!!

It means you ain't ripe yet. You haven't even begun serious learning. That is, of course, unless your Brown is in BJJ. Those cats are equal to most Nidans and Sandans in karate.

Traditional=Eternal

Nidan, Hakutsurukan

hi

i am not a Brown belt but i am 3 belt away from Brown

in the karate (Trodai) Brown belt is a full contact belt, for the belt we do full contact sparring

L8er :karate:

Trodai Karate, Brown Belt 1nd Kyu

"Belts Are For Holding Your Pants Up" Bruce Lee

"With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"Ben Paker

You haven't even begun serious learning.

This is untrue. You never learn more seriously than in your kyu ranks. By the time you've reached brown belt, hopefully you've learned how to punch, kick, block, stand, move, learn and perform kata, free spar, and train hard. When you get your black belt, you learn some more intricate kata, perhaps are even asked to teach a bit. Learning karate gets easier with practice.