• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What are you working on now?

i am training hard on my reverse punch, i want it to me my trademark move, my one hit one kill move, and i will.

"When I fight, I fight with my heart,and soul. My heart, and soul is Shotokan Karate."

Shotokan_fighters creed

"karate has to come natural in a fight, if you have to think about using karate in a fight, you will loose the fight"

3rd kyu brown belt - shotokan karate

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maintance...at 50 years old I'm just trying to maintain what I have :).

Seriously, I'm working on becoming more fluid on my left side. Take downs, throws, joint locks, etc. I've got a good amount of fluidity in all my techniques working against a right hand attacker but in many areas my left side technique still requires some thinking and in a "real" situation there is no time for thinking.

"The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid?" Benjamin Franklin

Excellent topic-

I'm working on the 1 and 3" punch. I have the full blown recipe for it and if followed correctly, the power from practicing it, is absolutlely devistating. I'm on my third week and notice a huge change in my reverse punch. During belt testing we have to end up fighting 2-3 lower belts (I'm a lower belt) and both instructors (BB's). Of course you get your ass kicked, but it really makes you feel that you earned your belt. Anyway, I ended up using that sweet reverse (as part of a combo) and ended my first fight right then and there with a "BREAK" (Instructor called out). Obviously, that reverse wasn't a 1 or 3" punch, but still inhances the power tremedously. Good luck with training.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failures...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." (TR)

What kind of excersises should i do to make myself strong and fast for win chung and muay thai training. any tips or comments help.

thank you

Lync

• 3 weeks later...
I am curently working on perfecting my kicks, I can kick over my head with ease, but I want to be able to hold them out for more than 2 seconds, to develope better control and power. Alway working to better everything, my jumping backroundhouse kick, and my jumping turning front roundhouse kicks. They are my fav.

bean bag???

you mean the wall bag?

um, if you're training in wing chun you WOULD already be using the wallbag...

and it isn't simple as just hitting it.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."