What are you working on now?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I'll try that! I'm easing off extra upper body training now since I can (just barely) do the 35 and I don't want to be sore for the test in a few days. Once I get that out of the way I'll be jumping back into it.

Man, it's just killing me that there is nothing going on in this area.

The other thing I've been working on is Naihanchi Sam Dan, which then works downhill and affects the other Naihanchis, and eventually, the other forms. It's interesting to have all three pieces of the puzzle and work the techniques over and over. Since there are so many repeated sequences, I start to wonder if the philosophy behind them changes each time and therefore they should be done slightly different in each form, etc.

Curiously enough I have been working on Tekki sandan too. Only I run into a problem with it because the shotokan Tekki sandan and the shorin ryu naihanchi sandan are very different in places.

i am just working on my book still....which i will be working on for the rest of my life....yet, come sunday evening(monday morning) i will be going to mnt fuji for a nice inspirational time to reflect and relax and maybe add some new things to my book, maybe find some people to train with on the summit in the nice air that is thin .....with little oxygen, it sould be a great training time!

I have always enjoyed the idea of going into the mnts and training in the thin air , but i have never been to a mnt that was this tall, it will be fun!....sorry for rambling....

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

Well, right now I'm working on a lot of things. I've got my 1st Kyu belt test in Kyokushin to get ready for, should be testing in a month when my Sensei comes down to visit. That means review all the katas and all the techniques. Make sure I know the Japanese for everything. God forbid I don't understand what I'm supposed to do on the test. That would be soooo embarrassing! Plus I'm learning all the brown belt curriculum for the new style I'm doing (Chito-Ryu). So far I've learned seven katas in a week. I'm going to stick with that for a few months and polish them and make sure I get all the little details right so that no one would ever guess that I've done another style. Got a Kyokushin get together to plan. I'm running the class so I've got a full day of training to work out for all the senior ranks. So I'm working out ideas for teaching them new stuff, practicing it, and then rethinking it. Boy I'm tired just typing what I'm working on :lol:

Sempai Emily

2nd Kyu-Brown Belt

---The true essence of the Martial Way can only be realized through experience. Knowing this, learn never to fear its demands.

--- Mas. Oyama ---

My "mid-rank" test (it's sort of like a black belt test, except it's for blue belt) is coming up in August. I have to work on EVERYTHING!!!! LOL Edited by karatekid1975

Laurie F

Well, I have been very busy cramming new curriculum for a test in October. I recently started at a new school and was allowed to keep my former rank, however I have had to learn all new forms from white belt to 2nd degree black. 15 of them...plus the step-sparring and self defense! In addition there is a whole new school protocol and set of rules to get used to. :P I am also trying to get back into shape so I don't die at the test :lol: !!!! Right now I have two forms left to learn, both of them are chinese forms- Pao Chuen and Koon Shu 2.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

Some drills in punching and kicking, and my teacher's had us doing a lot of complicated elbow-breaking techniques lately. I am now going into my 3rd month, and it's starting to make more sense. Usually I do something, then pause to wait for the teacher's correction. The other day I paused. He looked puzzled because I paused. I said, "What did I do wrong?" He said, "Nothing." :lol: