• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Change is inevitable, but out attitude isn't

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi Valithor

Nice to see a GKR black belt on the forum. Could you possibly tell us more on your history. Years training, styles practiced, etc.

No particular reason just curious :)

I keep asking God what I'm for and he tells me........."gee I'm not sure!"

Hi Telsun,

I've been training for nearly 7 years now (been Black Belt for three). I'm not sure what subconscious motivations I had for starting, but one of the main reasons I did was to keep fit. I did rugby and athletics at school, and was keen to keep active.

Now there's many reasons why I train, including to keep fit. I like learning and practicing kata. My favs would be Kanku Dai, Kururunfa, Unsu, and Seisan. I also like kumite. I train for both points and continuous tournament sparring.

I've only trained in karate, but I know a few people who study other styles (Eg: TKD, Akido, Weng Chun). Hope that answers your question :D

Keep Smiling!

Nearly :D

Have you always trained in GKR Karate?

Welcome to the forum, by the way. Your contributions so far have been appreciated, at least by myself :wink:

I keep asking God what I'm for and he tells me........."gee I'm not sure!"

Have you always trained in GKR Karate?

No, only for the last 7 years... :P

But if you mean, have I trained with another style of karate? No.

Keep Smiling!

welcome to KF

"When I fight, I fight with my heart,and soul. My heart, and soul is Shotokan Karate."

Shotokan_fighters creed

"karate has to come natural in a fight, if you have to think about using karate in a fight, you will loose the fight"

3rd kyu brown belt - shotokan karate