• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

One more gi topic - wrinkles

chh

Any tips/tricks to keeping a heavyweight gi reasonably wrinkle-free? For some reason my 12 oz Satori comes out of the dryer almost completely smooth, but the other two I have (12 & 16 oz) are hopeless. Do any of you iron your gi after every washing?? I think we might have an iron in the house, but having made it almost 30 years without learning to use one I really hate to break down now...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I've had the same problem. I have found that over time (and many washings) they tend to wrinkle less but usually I had to hang dry them to avoid having to iron...and boy do I hate to iron!!! :evil:

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

I used to iron mine after every wash but now I don't bother as it does not look any different :roll:

I think that ninjanurse is right in saying to hang dry them. Or failing that just don't wash it quite so often, you'll find that the creases decrease every time you wear it :brow: It'll also keep your opponent at bay :D

I keep asking God what I'm for and he tells me........."gee I'm not sure!"

Thanks! I guess I could try hang drying, I thought they'd end up stiff as a board if you did that. I did have one of them pressed last week after they hemmed it up for me, after a couple washes it still seems to be coming out at least a little smoother.

I don't think I could stand wearing it more than once without a wash--not fussy enough to iron, but too fussy for that!

Chh,

Sorry, but I say iron, iron, iron...... :P . I've made it habit to iron my gi's after every wash, somthing about the crisp look to a gi. As for the Satori, it wrinkles, but I think it's actually one of the easier gi's to iron out :brow: .

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia