• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kickboxing for self defense

:smile: I was wondering is somebody could help me in my situation. I have wo things. First, i wanna improve on fighting so i want to take kickboxing is this a good choice?

Secon, i wanna build muscle to increase my punch power, will this slow my punching speed down?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
yes you made a very good choice taking kickboxing!! :smile: it will make you say i bit slower well it depends cause then you might have to work harder and it will definatly give you stronger and powerful fast punches if you train hard and really want to do it then yes!!!! :nod:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

kickboxing can be useful in a self defense situation but only to a certain extent. maybe you'll get in a few shots but what if they tackle you to the ground and they are on top of you! no roundhouse is gonna help ya there......if you really wanna learn how to defend yourself effectivly take up arts that teach you how to defend from being grabbed tackled and pushed

some examples are:

jiu jitsu (my art along side with kickboxing)

judo (i do a bit of that as well)

hapkido

brazillian jiu jitsu ( a bit of experiance there for me)

You can boo me if you want, You know I'm right!

-Chris Rock

Yeah, train in kickboxing and train hard with lots of drills to build up strength and power, but as Prodigy-Child says, once you're on the ground, your kicks and punches are useless. You need to learn some grappling - I plan on doing that next - preferably jiu-jitsu.

Lori

If you think something small cannot make a difference - try going to sleep with a mosquito in the room.

-Unknown-