Sho-ju

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

El-cheapo century. I usually buy the cheap ones because I refused to pay over 50 dollars for something I knew I was going to ruin, but I'm considering shelling out the dough and buying a nice one. The ties on my gi have ripped off one too many times and I can't stand to have my gi falling out of my bellt during a work out.

Ok, here goes.........................

currently what I keep in stock:

Ronin middleweight gi-everyday use

Satori(Canadian made)-custom tailored gi, very good by the way, 12oz. heavy

Latest, Macho heavyweight: Embroidered and all, used for testing and the such

Other brands that I have worn:

Juka Dragon 12 and 14 ounce heavywt.-nice gi's and reasonably price vs. the Tokaido or Shureido

Meijin brand-another quality gi and reasonably priced in comparison to the Tokaido or Shureido

Well that's it on gi's. Alot of times it comes down to $$$budget and then personal prefrences.

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

My sensei sold me a new Tokaido suit for £10 :D I didn't ask questions. Best suit I have ever had. I also have a Tokaido embroidered BB. I only have one other suit at the mo and that is a 14oz Hayashi, which I am pretty pleased with. Although I had the arms and legs cut shorter when I got it because I like it that way.

My Jujitsu suit is just a student quality black Blitz suit. Suits my needs fine for now.

The worst suit I ever had was a Blitz Japan 16oz. It was just too heavy. Okay for special occasions, when you don't have to train much. Or for those instructors that just like to walk up a down and chuck out a kick every now and then.

I keep asking God what I'm for and he tells me........."gee I'm not sure!"

century, the same gi top that i have had for all the years that i have trained since i received it, it has been torn so much and has had so many holes,strings torn off and plus all the times that i have sewn it up again and again it looks more tatteren than my black belt, strings hanging and all,.even the writing on the tag for size and such has worn off....it looks sad, but i will not trade it in or get a new one, it has symbolic meaning to me, the best tears and such are from sparring matches with my instructor, I wear it with pride!---it really doesn't look THAT bad.....or maybe that is just me, having feelings for my poor gi top.....it's ok gi, it's ok, i won't let the mean people make fun of you...what's that....you want me to beat them up?...ok....just for you.......

now the pants are a different matter...i have went through so many different pairs, i tend to tear out the crotch alot, embarrasing every time, i don't even know the brand on it.....

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

Ok, here goes.........................

currently what I keep in stock:

Ronin middleweight gi-everyday use

Satori(Canadian made)-custom tailored gi, very good by the way, 12oz. heavy

Latest, Macho heavyweight: Embroidered and all, used for testing and the such

Other brands that I have worn:

Juka Dragon 12 and 14 ounce heavywt.-nice gi's and reasonably price vs. the Tokaido or Shureido

Hi Pacific,

I prefer the Ronin for everyday use as well. Its quite comfortable and durable and of course half the price of a Shureido. :D

I prefer the silver over the gold edition there is considerably less shrinkage and more room in the shoulders.

I was thinking about The Juka Gi's, how do they compare to the Ronin brand ? Do they fit the same? Shrinkage? Durability ect....?

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

Shotochem:

In regards to the Juka series gi's, I've worn the 14oz. Gold and the 12oz. Emerald. Their 14oz. Gold is suppose to compare to the Tokaido regular cut. The 12oz. Emerald is a "tournament" cut type gi, meaning wider pants, shorter hem in both the pant and sleeve lenght.

Duribility wise, both gi's lasted me while I used them. In fact my buddy actually took possession of my Juka 14oz. top, and it is still in good condition. About the only thing I didn't like about the 14oz. pants is that it wasn't roomy enough for me.........I have tree trunk type thighs :o . Shirnkage I recall was minimal since I still had to get the pants hemmed....tree trunk thighs and short legs......go figure :roll: .

I liked the Emerald cut better since it had wider cut pants and I didn't have to get them hemmed. That gi I passed on to a friend since I no longer wear white. The Jacket was roomy too, at least for me it was.

The only experience with Ronin is my middleweight, haven't the chance to wear a heavyweight in that brand. Maybe I'll have to get one when I retire one of my others. If you have any other questions regards the Juka series, just ask or PM me.

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia