• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Mixing in a little Muay Thai

My karate dojo does extra training for thirty min. once a week, and they just started doing Muay Thai for this class. I tried it out and it was o.k., we did mostly punches and I already have really hard strikes so that didn't help me much. So I was wondering if it's really worth spending the time on since I'm really just focused on karate (traditional style)?

Sempai Emily

2nd Kyu-Brown Belt

---The true essence of the Martial Way can only be realized through experience. Knowing this, learn never to fear its demands.

--- Mas. Oyama ---

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
karate- traditional style anyway- is good stuff. muay thai if you learn it correctly will probably help you focus more on shear power, especially with them kicks. id say go for it, if its turns out useless, dont go anymore... give it a few weeks.

a broken arm throws no punches

my primary art is Kyokushin.

I cross train in Kickboxing.

Give it a try for a while.

the abilty to punch to the head,

clinch while sparring and other

differences (both Subtle and *not so)

make it worth spending some time in.

i.e., * holding while Kneeing is not allowed

in most current Kyokushin competition, but

really changes the force of the knee etc.

have fun!

Paul

Definately do it, itz only half an hour and it'll be worth it.

"razor elbows, killer knees, iron fists and monster kicks"

"Nice punch!!!, now let's see how well you punch with a broken arm"

the low kicks to the thighs are nice to learn as with blocking those kicks properly also elbows, knees and such are fun little things

In my dojo we kicked to the thigh too, and also learn elbow strikes. But I'm going to take everyone's advice and give it a few more weeks since practicing these techniques could'nt hurt. And I really need help on getting more power in my elbow strikes.

Sempai Emily

2nd Kyu-Brown Belt

---The true essence of the Martial Way can only be realized through experience. Knowing this, learn never to fear its demands.

--- Mas. Oyama ---

Can you tell me where in Florida you are? I am in SW Fl and am trying to find locations for Muy Thai and haven't had much luck.

BJJ - Blue Belt

TaeKwonDo - Brown Belt

Krav Maga

Kickboxing

I'm in the Orlando area.

Sempai Emily

2nd Kyu-Brown Belt

--- Mas. Oyama ---

I am in SW Florida, specifically Port Charlotte inbetween Ft Myers and Sarasota, how can I find a good location for MuyThai?

BJJ - Blue Belt

TaeKwonDo - Brown Belt

Krav Maga

Kickboxing