for black belt's how long did it take to get your black belt  

3 members have voted

1. 1. for black belt's how long did it take to get your black belt

• 1 - 2 years
    • 2 - 3 years
    • 3 - 4 years
    • 4 - 5 years

hi

when did you start Karate and how long did it take you to get to the Belt or Dan you are:

i started in november 2001 and it as taken me 1 and a half years to get to the belt i am(4 away from black)

L8er :karate:

Trodai Karate, Brown Belt 1nd Kyu

"Belts Are For Holding Your Pants Up" Bruce Lee

"With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"Ben Paker

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi wilko9999

Maybe you should've included longer than 5 years also.

I started training in 1988. I got to 1st kyu after about 3 years then I had a break for a year or so. I returned to a different style and within 2 years I had got my Balck Belt. So intotal it took me 4-5 years.

I keep asking God what I'm for and he tells me........."gee I'm not sure!"

i studied in a school where it was an average of a year or two per belt, i studied there for 8 yrs before i even got to the level to start thinking of black belt, and i was a top notch student....

granted i was always thinking of black belt but it took me that long to learn everything to a primitive level, after that i had to get it all down to a perfection before i could test, so that took awhile, in my school no body gets their belt before 5 yrs, it just doesn't happen. We learn alot there though due to it being a hybrid system, and no my instructor is not in it for the money, he will let us go months if we don't have the money and testing is cheap, as are the monthly class rates

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

granmasterchen when you was a coloured belt you were probably equal (if not better) to me in quality of technique. That is why I think it would be nice if standards would be the same through out the world!!!!

I keep asking God what I'm for and he tells me........."gee I'm not sure!"

i started when i was a little kid boxing, around the age of 5 or 6, then i went on to learning my hybrid style over 12 years ago and over the last 4 years i have studied many other styles, where i just flew through the belts in those schools, basically no matter what style it was i already knew the moves all i had to learn were the forms/katas or whatever you would like to call them....

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

I've been training for almost three years (in October), and I'm just a 5th gup/kyu. I'm in no rush.

It took me this long because I moved, then I got stuck with a school I wasn't happy with. Then I found this one. I am happy here :) Hopefully I won't have to move again in the near future.

Edited by karatekid1975

Laurie F

It took me 3 years and about 3 months.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."