• advertisement_alt
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THis is my pic, by the way:

http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v71/soulfighting/SOUL_SONIC_STYLE.jpg

My abs:

http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v71/soulfighting/SOUL%20SONIC%20STYLE/SOUL_SONIC_ABS.jpg

My back:

http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v71/soulfighting/SOUL%20SONIC%20STYLE/SOUL_FIGHTING.jpg

All the result of hard training :kaioken:

THE MASTER OF THE WORLD'S FINEST!!

SOUL SONIC STYLE!!

You know what drives me?

Girls don't like me because they think I'm weak and effeminate.

But I train hard in order to have girls like me.

From the pics, you don't look weak. Congrats on your training routine.

If you're effeminate, I don't think any martial art will really change that.

"A life is not important, except in the impact it has on other lives."

-- Jackie Robinson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-- Edmund Burke

I think that weither one wants to admit it or not, we are social animals and are motivated by our relationships with others. The difference is how we interpret out relationships and what our emotional needs are at the present time. All the chest beating aside-I think you are right! Nice article!

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

Nice post ZR. There many reasons why I decided to take martial arts: some in part was to meet new people, I had just move to a new city. But then I found out, karate was the thing that I was good in and that I can excel. So I bought books, tons of them, subsribed to Black Belt magazine, just to better my ability and beat the next guy at tournaments. Now my priorities have changed, girls mostly, and I don't have that much money to spend on MA practice. I don't take karate anymore. I have join a gym, and been working out. I do go back to the dojo just to visit Sensei.

Canh T.

I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversations.

That was a great post. I don't really think I can pick just one of those reasons as to why I do martial arts.

For me, I think the biggest reason is the sense of accomplisment. I don't necessarily do it because I haven't accomplished anything else in life. I mean in the past I've done some great things; a 10th place finish at the world mountain biking downhill championships in 98 for example. However now that I don't compete in mountain biking I need something else in place that requires a great amount of physical achievment to set goals and accomplish. I love the feeling of pushing my body beyond exhaustion, and knowing that I've accomplished something that I probably couldn't have done a week ago.

I've always been one to strive to do my best in anything that I have done, and martial arts is one of those things that are a perfect situation for it. Sometimes I get down on myself if I mess up and feel like a fool. However over time I think about it more and realize that I am better than a month ago, I am improving, this is the best thing I can ask for.

3 weeks ago I could hardly do 10 knuckle pushups, 3 months ago I could hardly do 10 normal pushups due to a shoulder seperation that I have endured in the past, yesterday I did 30 knuckle pushups! My kicks are getting higher, my strikes are more powerful and explosive, and my katas are becoming tighter. When I see these improvements, I am constantly reminded as to why I am in martial arts... and I never question it.

Next month I start my first tournement. I am scared.. the Kyokushin tournements have been known to be rough and hard hitting. Getting past this fear will be a great accomplishment, I know I will fall in love with these tournements. My goal is to become better at them. Over time I am sure I will.

Anyways, this is kind of a long post, but I think you get the point. :karate:

I know why I started taking martial arts, that's an easy one I was a show off and jump kicks and all that XMA stuff would impress people. Now though I practice goju kata and that is pretty much it. I can't quite explain it fully, but it has tapped a obsessive nerve in my body, and I just want to practice all by my lonesome. This has occurred at the expense of my social life, I want to be a master, it seems as if it is in my blood. I do martial arts almost because I have to now. Not to prove anything just because I love it, every little damn detail

Kisshu fushin oni te hotoke kokoro

Lets all just face it. It just takes a certain mentality to do MA. Not everyone is as crazy as we are! :P

I simplified things just a little.

Karate or.........sit on sofa & eat chips?

Karate or.........sit on sofa & play video games?

Karate or ........sit and watch bad television?

Karate or ........join gym then quit in 2 weeks due to lack of motivation?

I just would not be able to motivate myself on my own to work out. When youre with a bunch of people trying to hit you........

Thats motivation. :D And most of all the challenge. Without that there is no point.

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

• 2 weeks later...
the essence of martial arts is being lost by people who just wish to line there pocket they try to make everything so difficult when it was never meant to be

theres no one style just your style---------