• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What have you become?

To elaborate on granmasterchen's question of "Why did you start?" I would like to ask has practicing martial arts changed your character.

I used to be extremely arrogant and self centered. Now I am completely the opposite. Noone can ever belief that I was like that. Which is nice :D

Edited by telsun

I keep asking God what I'm for and he tells me........."gee I'm not sure!"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to have a really bad temper, and self-esteem issues. I still have a temper, but I've learned to control it. I have a lot more self-confidence now. And I have a great circle of friends.

And of course, I'm in better physical condition, more muscle tone, able to defend myself, all that good stuff. :)

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

Life comes but once, fullfill yours, To Sai

The amateur shoots his hands out ferociously, but lacks any true power. A master is not so flamboyant, but his touch is as heavy as a mountain.

I have always been a pretty calm and collective guy but I would say MA has helped me walk away from things that in the past may have gotten me in trouble.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Well, I am still a reserved, talk-when-someone-says-something kinda guy, but I have enough self confidence that it's not defensive.

I'm in better shape, not counting injuries, I'm generally happier. God decided to give me the hook up, as it were.

"Hiya!"

"Excuse you."

i have changed alot

i was originally a Smart mouthed arrogant kid, with a bad temper and no self confidence, now i am alot more humbled, have a lot of confidence and can control my temper, but this does not hold me back from getting into fights if someone really wants to start something, i will gladly fight them and crush them, i still love to fight, more than ever, yet now, i don't start fights!

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

i had some serious self confidence issues and was a very depressed little man. those are gone; however, as a lot of you seem to have also, i have a huge temper, which has gotten me into some skirmishes that i could have probably avoided. not that i've started any fights, but i still need to control my anger so that i can talk and walk (HA! i got a new term going!) outta fights instead of just going on through.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

i agree to getting to the talk and walk stage, yet every so ofter you will run into someone that just wont give up and just keeps pushing and pushing, well i guess everyone has to draw a line somewhere...... i feel bad for those that want to push us over the edge

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

Didn't have a lot of self confidence, and was laid back and quiet to the extreme.

I've got a lot more confidence, more outgoing, not scared to take chances and make mistakes (as long as I learn from them).

Has helped me considerably in my professional career.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.