• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

um, not trilogy

there are about 6/7 of the films

and in all honesty, the first one is probably the best.

second isn't too bad but by three, with a decidedly not good director, it starts to lose the dark edge the first one had...

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

Also, in the Once Upon...in China series Jet Li isn't in the latter ones. I forget if it's 4 or 6 when another actor tackes over. And the whole series is 10 movies. I watched them all when I was living in the Philippines, I got them from Hong Kong. Unfortunately, I also left them in the Philippines. And then there are some off-shoot films like Once Upon A Time in the Old West, and another one, I forget (It's been three years since I saw the off-shoots.) They get bad in the middle, but pick up. 7 is good. It's not JetLi, but still good.

MA

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein

I have a few I like. But at the top is

Return of the Dragon, Bruce Lee.

I like some of JetLi's obscure films. My favorite etLi movie is Fist of Legend.

My favorite Jackie Chan movie, I forget the title, but he has a fight where he's dressed as ChunLi from StreetFighter games and fights a KEN from the game. The scene is complete with game music, special effects, and costumes. It is by far my favorite Jackie Chan fight scene. I could not stop from laughing.

I saw this Hong Kong movie called "OperationBlacksheep." It stars the same guy who took over from JetLi in the Once Upon series. Has a couple funny fight scenes. The scene where he meets his buddy is exceedingly funny. I mean, who does that when they meet someone? Funny stuff.

I don't like most American martial arts movies, they're just too corny for me.

The cheeziest ma movie I've seen (not counting the endless American ones) is a film with Jacky Woo(not the Jackie Wu of other film fame. This Jacky Woo is japanese), titled Total Aikido. Funny. But it's not trying to be.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein

Fist of Legend

Lone Wolf and Cub Movies

Zatoichi Movies

Seven Samurai

Yojimbo

Ninja Scroll (Animated)

Iron Monkey

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

• 4 weeks later...

My favourite Martial Arts movies are:

"Shaolin",

"The Barefoot Kid",

"Sanjuro",

"The 7 Samurais",

and: "Kakushi toride no san akunin" (I dont know it exactly in english, I think it's something like: "The wild adventure")

Kill is love

well, i liked the first two once upon a time in china movies, those are the only ones i've seen. and i like all of bruce lees movies, but i think game of death, even though it's very very cheesy, is my favorite. kiss of the dragon was a pretty dumb movie, but jet li does some cool stuff in it. and i haven't seen that many jackie chan movies, but i think my favorite is legend of the drunken master. that fight in the court yard against all those guys and his mom gets him really drunk? that's still in my top 3 favorite fight scenes ever to this day :lol:

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

• 2 weeks later...
Van Damme's earlier movies like Bloodsport, Kickboxer, No Retreat No Surrender are my fav's. I also really like Enter the Dragon, and The Karate Kid. The "Best of the Best" movies are pretty poor. There is a few scenes of decent martial arts action but the storyline and everything else is atrocious, its so stereotype and predictable that its almost unwatchable.

Van Damme sucks, what was he doing in Blood Sport slapping people with his feet. Those kicks are useless. When Jet Li hits you can feel it.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"