• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Why did you start?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I got into the martial arts in HS because I didn't play well with others! I needed to find something to do where I wouldn't get compared to others and it wasn't a popularity contest to get picked to play. Something that catered to my obsessive/perfectionist nature and that allowed me to compete with myself on the level I chose-not someone else. Something that would force me to interact and boost my self-confidence. I took it on as a personal challenge to overcome what I thought were negative qualities that held me back in life. Along the way I learned alot about myself and how to use those seeemingly "negative" qualities to my advantage. I gained self-confidence, self reliance, and most of all self respect.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

• 3 weeks later...
I wanted to become a better bully. No truthfully I started so I would have some thing to do after work. And to stay in shape.

Kendo is like starwars and everyone gets to be Darth Vader.

"Luke, I am your sensei"

I started for fun and self defence and i guess you could also say meeting new people as well because i found my boyfriend there lol - well i guess not anymore since we are not together now... :brow:

16 Years-old

WTF Tae Kwon Do - Blue Belt

Honestly, the main reason I started was because I thought if I could get good enough I could become the 5th member of the Ninja Turtles. As the years kept going my childhood dream of being a Ninja Turtle was beaten to a pulp when I realized they weren't real :bawling: BUT I decided that even though there was no hope for me and the Turtles I knew Martial Arts was something I wanted to continue, so it just stuck with me. Martial Arts is now a big part of my life and always will be...Sad story I know, but I was a kid with a dream :) Long live the Turtles!! :D

"Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make."

-Bruce Lee

wait... the ninja turtles aren't real!?! :cry: don't feel to bad; me and my old neighbor once ran away to the sewer in hopes of meeting them. it was short lived, though, cuz we couldn't get the sewer cover off :lol:

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

Ha! Wicked battousai16 lol Well, to share another funny/crazy story about the Turtles, do you remember those plastic imitation weapons you could buy from the Turtle merchandise? My friend and I once dropped every single one in the sewer thinking the turtles would be glad to have an extra set for fighting Shredder with..Ah, we we're Turtle crazy back then lol

"Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make."

-Bruce Lee

I started with a group of friends back in high school because it was always something we had wanted to do, either because of movies or just wanting to do it or a combination. Now, I do it primarily for self-defense and also for health and fitness.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

i don't think my friends and i ever went that far :o we kept all of ours :lol: we did, however, dress up in costumes, take our imitation weapons, go out to the forest near my house and battle for a good while. ah, good times, good times.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai