• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How much time does it take to graduate?

LoneWolf

How much time does it take in your dojo to graduate from a belt to another?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How much time does it take in your dojo to graduate from a belt to another?

• 3 months
    • More than 3 months

It is down to sensei' s discretion. He will invite students to grade when he thinks that they are ready. I have never known this to be under 3 months.

He treats the children different though as they require the motivation more so than adults and the grades are only stripes not a full belt. But I have even known him to fail juniors on their low belts due to inability. He expects the best from us.

I keep asking God what I'm for and he tells me........."gee I'm not sure!"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
whoa! 2-3 YEARS? even for kyu grades? wait a sec, let me see what style you take.

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty

okay so that does sound complicated. im guessing there arn't a whole lot of ranks?

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty

We have a class requirement rather than time requirement at the present, but it usually works out to be 3-4 months at lower levels, 5-6 at higher. There is going to be a change though: 3 months between each belt white-blue, 6 months between blue-black, with the addition of an additional belt rank of Sr. red belt. It all totals 36 months-if you test on time.

Do you mean three month for each rank or belt? Then 6 months on each rank after blue? I'm just wondering, because my boyfriend still goes to the main school.

Laurie F

In our style, its based on number of classes. If you attend at least 3x week,you can do the colored belts up to brown in 3 months