• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Shotokan or Wado

celtic bhoy

it really dosent make a difference to me either

"When I fight, I fight with my heart,and soul. My heart, and soul is Shotokan Karate."

Shotokan_fighters creed

"karate has to come natural in a fight, if you have to think about using karate in a fight, you will loose the fight"

3rd kyu brown belt - shotokan karate

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

major_motoko wrote

Shotokan_fighter, your love of your style is inspiring!

thank you

"When I fight, I fight with my heart,and soul. My heart, and soul is Shotokan Karate."

Shotokan_fighters creed

"karate has to come natural in a fight, if you have to think about using karate in a fight, you will loose the fight"

3rd kyu brown belt - shotokan karate

whoa...the male ego in the air is thick today *sniffs*

Um...again, I feel that this is like comparing apples to oranges.

Alot depends on the instructors you have and the atmosphere of the school you attend. It's really hard to weigh the two styles.

It would be easy for me to be biased on this one, but I've never really seen or heard of a wado ryu kata just tearing up the tournament circuits.

To answer the original question : CHeck out both schools, find out what their focuses are, check out the atmosphere, talk to some of the students if you can...and I hate to bring this up, but check into what the costs are for each school and how they want you to pay....be viscious in this aspect of your research, not all schools are on the level.

Btw, what part of the country are you in ?