• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Shotokan or Wado

celtic bhoy

Wado is better for the body, but in the other hand, Shotokan is more succesful at competitons and tournaments because of its many kata's it has. Try both and see what fits you better.

Kill is love

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys are saying shotokan is tournement fighting, no shotokan is all about self defense you hardly see any shotokan stylists in big tournements, we only fight in our own tournements, shotokan is all about self defense. i dont know much about wado so id have to say to go with what you want. shotokan is a hard style and is ment for only self defense, but we do, do alot on kata training, but that keeps you in good shape and gives you an idea on how shotokan is used in a fight. wado is probably about the same but i dont know, IMO id say shotokan beacuse that is the only style i have done.

"When I fight, I fight with my heart,and soul. My heart, and soul is Shotokan Karate."

Shotokan_fighters creed

"karate has to come natural in a fight, if you have to think about using karate in a fight, you will loose the fight"

3rd kyu brown belt - shotokan karate

lol, yes you only fight in your own tournaments, its sounds like no spectacular feat till youve relized there are hundreds of them. and imo shotokan not participating in major tournaments is the result of a seasoned social agenda as well as shotokan cutting off its own nose despite its face. shotokan would be qute good, if one of your fighters would step up to the plate.

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty

shotokan would be qute good, if one of your fighters would step up to the plate.

i agree i dont know why us shotokan stylists dont step up and show all the other styles that shotokan is that damn good, i am going to show that shotokan is good all round, when i get my BB i am going to go and fight in big tournements and against other styles to show my talent of shotokan karate.

"When I fight, I fight with my heart,and soul. My heart, and soul is Shotokan Karate."

Shotokan_fighters creed

"karate has to come natural in a fight, if you have to think about using karate in a fight, you will loose the fight"

then i suppose sooner or later, iwill see you when i am at K-1, i wish you luck. and please rember, if i defeat you, do not give up on your dream. for if i am defeated i will most certainly not perish from the arena. :)

fireka i would be honored to fight you, if i win or loose, i will always show what i got and never give up. PM me your age (fireka), your dreams are the same as mine, and we will both proove them.

Shotokan_fighters creed

Both Wado and Shotokan have produced world karate champions.

Both Wado and Shotokan train heavily in self defence and kata.

Nothing is ever cut and dry like saying "Shotokan is only into tournament fighting, Wado is only self defence..." etc.

Find the style that suits you best. Shotokan_fighter, your love of your style is inspiring! :)

Osu!

motoko

2nd Kyu Brown Belt, Wado Ryu Karate-do

"Daniel-san best karate still inside!" Mr Myagi

i am 17, but age is not object, weather your younger or older makes no diffrence to me if you think your ready to fight.

i am 17, but age is not object, weather your younger or older makes no diffrence to me

same here, it doesn't make any difference to me.

SOULMATE. :D

Kill is love

im 16

Shotokan_fighters creed