• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello martial artisans!

I am 21, and currently attending college for Political Science.

I was a member of Tiger Schulmann's Karate for a while, however took a few years off to consume junk food and watch television.

I think I've finally gotten to the point in my life where I can discipline myself enough to properly appreciate a martial art.

I am paid to black belt in TSK, however, I am taking a period of exploration to learn more about martial arts; the histories, the mechanics... trying to gain the cannonical knowledge many people here seem to have :-)

I plan on asking more than telling, so please have patience with me if some of the answers seem self evident... and please correct me if an ignorant assumption is implied in the things I say.

Thank you all, in advance, for whatever!

John S.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
welcome to the forums! how u doing? :)

Doing very well, thank you... Started running and weight lifting regularly... and now I feel like I would like an activity to channel these gains into, so remembering the days i attended TSK Hybrid style karate are coming back to me... Even though Tiger Schulmann has my money up to black belt, I'm still taking the time to see which schools are in accord with my interests (namely self defense first, and 2nd: open, flowy, natural style & forms). Of course if TSK's self defense (and the fact its free) outweigh the positives other schools have to offer, I'll go back... but otherwise, I might study something else if I feel like i can put more heart into it. Any recommendations?