• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Portable Televisions

fireka

im about to join the navy, actually my MEPS date is July 7-8 and my boot camp will likely be in early July of next year. I have been told by recruiters that you can bring Labtops on board the sjip with you, in fact most people bring there PS2's belive it or not. I really dont want to have to use the rooms televison though for that, id rather let the other guys use it, plus im stingy. so i was wondering if you guys know of a portable television that you can hook a PS-2 up to. i am trying to invest in one, hopeing that perhaps the price and the size will eventually go down ( i currently have PSone) and i definitly need to bring my laptop with me, seeing as to how im a writer. these three items can fit conviently and neatly in my sea bag along with everything else i need but i dont know of a portable you can do this with unless things have changed.

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
A Gameboy Advanced might be a good idea since it's smaller, and still has great graphics and games. I don't know about a portable TV though, sorry.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

A portable TV... well, I know that there is a Gamecube periphreal that hooks on to the top of the machine and serves as a mini TV. Is there something available like that for the PSone?

lol, you guys just said the words gamecube and gameboy advanced. you obviously havent had any contact with the navy lately. PS2 is ALL there is, and since theres not much to do on the ship after work when your not in port, video games are a must. i think PS2 is in a way endorced by the Navy, there are a ton of Navy titles. its just what they play over there. ill look into the screen, i wonder if they make it for ps2

whats wrong with waiting your turn?

The amateur shoots his hands out ferociously, but lacks any true power. A master is not so flamboyant, but his touch is as heavy as a mountain.

yea, actually alot of us play socom, i personnaly havent yet. PTO is another one we like a lot. Theres nothing wrong with waiting your turn, its just it would be alot more convient if one or two of us have our own screens. the ide ais we have three screens in the room so that if im not playing of course someone can use mine. Video games and movies are about all there is to do if your staying in the bunk room. Not to mention, im an RPG player, and community game rooms HATE RPG players because we require to much elapsed time.