• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

complicated but i think it works...

tenkamusou

"Trollin, trollin, trolling... keep Thai Fighter trollin... boy his head is swollen... raw-hide!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: we can open another thread for that :lol: :lol: :lol:

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's a matter of trolling, he's just pointing out that combos are only of value if executed extremely rapidly - the perfect opening will generally not persist until the end of your combo, so they are usually only of real use if it is a feint combined with a powerful attack, or a set of moves that will synergize if placed in succession. IE a sweep or tackle may be more effective after a head shot, because the target may be disoriented for a split second and not have as good of balance.

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!

I don't think it's a matter of trolling, he's just pointing out that combos are only of value if executed extremely rapidly

No, MTF said:

"A Tai chi fighter whoops up on me to prove a point!!!!!.Now that's a funny one,considering tai chi doesn't have fighters and is more of an art of relaxation then a martial arts."

He made no real argument, nor any metion of combos.

Well, the comment on Tai Chi... what's there to even say to that? Tai Chi isn't even a martial art. Like I said, Tai Chi is aerobics in slow motion. It's Tai Chi meets Yoga. Is someone going to stand still while you take several seconds to execute your slow arcing "strike?"

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!

I would be interested to hear any reasons behind why a combination such as jab, reverse punch is ineffective.

I would also like to hear a counter-suggestion.

Keep Smiling!

Well, the comment on Tai Chi... what's there to even say to that? Tai Chi isn't even a martial art. Like I said, Tai Chi is aerobics in slow motion. It's Tai Chi meets Yoga. Is someone going to stand still while you take several seconds to execute your slow arcing "strike?"

Either you are now simply flame-baiting (similar to trolling, but more specific); you are being sarcastic (you need those little emoticons to indicate that); or you are far to ignorant to be intelligently commenting on martial arts.

Either you are now simply flame-baiting (similar to trolling, but more specific)

Not only do you learn about other martial arts, but you learn some internet lingo here too :lol:

Maybe this will get back to the original topic now.......?

"flaming" is putting out a very insulting, derogitory post which lacks substantive arguement.

"flame-baiting" then is putting out a post intended to attract "flaming" responses.

Taiji is an excellent martial art; though many Tiaji practitioners do not practice the martial art.

What *was* the topic anyway?