• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello

I have to admit, this is a very interesting place, I mean with all the different forms of understanding. I'm not going to say fighting or ability, because most of the time that's not what it's about.

My experience in shotokan karate has been very limited. I spent little over a year in it. I than began to get into fights at school. So, I found a new way to handle myself. I learned to meditate, relax, and to understand. Most of this I learned on my own. Everyone has a different experience.

It would be wrong for me to take anyone's word but my own. I have limited experience, but have seen and learned things. One tip I would have to anyone is to relax. That is the one factor of this art that should be relied on most. I suppose i'm a bit of a beleiver in it. With the limited experience i've had it is only fair to say that I don't know if it could seperate the living and the dead, the right and the wrong, the just and the fault. But it is somethin that I have come to understand and highly recomend if you are in a bad situation. The calmer you are, the faster you react to the things around you.

When you are completely calm, but absolutely aware of everything around you, something amazing occurs... The great wonder and science of our bodies mix and mold you into something that we think of as a "state of understanding both body and soul."

This is what happens... You are calm. The things around you continue in their own worlds. You focus on everything, you are anylizing. But then... You are attacked. You react immedietlly, your body is almost guiding itself. You are just concious enough to be aware of where you are going and what you are doing. Then, you feel the blood pumping though your body, but you are not nervous or scared. You are still calm. The adrenaline pumps through your veins and floods your body giving you a state of being that you have not experienced in it's natural form.

You don't have to understand what I just wrote. You could say to yourself, "that guy thinks he's a no-it-all." But I am not even close. I know absolutelly nothing compared to the good people who've created this site and as I now know a happy community. And I am more than happy to be a part of it. I look forward to seeing what you have learned and came out to share.

That's it...

(Relax)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt