• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Gradings

Sho-ju

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I am a Nidan and have been told I can take people to Shodan but no more. I really think you have to be a Sandan to do that. However with all my Dan gradings I call in my Sensei to oversee the testing so Im giving it but he's sort of got veto power.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

I was told by a Japanese Shotokan karateka with a very solid history that a shodan could grade another to shodan. I had never heard of this before...

I do a pre-grading, then have another sensei come in for the real thing.

In my organization, all shodan-ho, shodan and nidan rankings are done by the senior dan council. They are all at least 4th dan.

After that I think the head instructor (8th dan) does the promotions himself.

22 years old

Shootwrestling

Formerly Wado-Kai Karate

My sensei is 5th dan but he will only grade upto 1syt kyu. As with others their dan grade will be taken by a senior council.

I keep asking God what I'm for and he tells me........."gee I'm not sure!"

i think that you should only train up to the belt rank below what you currently hold, that is because that is the last test that you have successfully completed and moved on from if you teach someone to the same level as yourself, you can not guide them on further......i think that testing should be held infront of several black belt members.

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger