• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What to do when someone is grabing your neck from behind?

From many counter attaks that i've witnessed so far, i'v never saw one for this situation. I just wanted to know if there is anybody that knows the counterattack for this situation.

thanks

LoneWolf :karate:

Cry in the dojo,

laught on the battelfield.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you talking about a choke or just a 2 hand grab.

In either case their are a lot of things you can do.

Rear chokes you must always tuck the chin and try and stop the choke first then you can worry about counter, throws, etc...

With a grab most can be counterd by stepping back and swing you are like doing a back stroke in the swimming pool.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

:bawling: painful gran but effective.

Ya grab the groin put your chin down, or throw your head back ( a head butt ) use your heel to kick their shins elbow the kidney or ribs, but whatever is it keep hitting fast and hard till they let go

The amateur shoots his hands out ferociously, but lacks any true power. A master is not so flamboyant, but his touch is as heavy as a mountain.

I suppose you've solved the whole "how to throw your head back with your chin down" problem?

It depends a great deal on the hold in question and the skill of the holder.... I'm guessing you are referring to something like the rear-naked choke, as opposed to someone just grabbing with his hands (in that case, turn around and beat the **** out of him).

The frist good response is to abort the hold before it's in place. You can turn around, or start striking/grabbing, or deconstruct the hold through manipulation... if you have a knife, simply start cutting along the inside of the elbow.

If your attacker is not very skilled (IOW, has let you remain standing) then you have a little time to play. Strike at his groin, stomp his foot, reach back for his eyes, kick his shins, break his fingers, tear his ear, fish-hook his lip, etc.

If your arracker has better skill; he's going to try to sit you down. Unfortunately, if you've allowed the hold to progress to this point, you don't have a great deal of consious-time left... I don't have any particularly good suggestions for deconstructing a rear-naked choke from a good practitioner once it has gotten to that point... but I'd imagine atrs like BJJ still have olutions... you'd just better perform then quickly.

That's one of my counter grappling moves for purple belt (we have three for rear choke). We stomp on shin (with shoes, this hurts like a b**ch!) and when he loosens his grip because of the pain, turn and apply a figure four arm bar/joint lock. You can even do a throw from there. But this one is kinda risky if you are not quick.

Laurie F

tuck in your chin, then twist ninety degrees so youre facing him sideways, grab one hand if you like and twist it- then youre in position, having grabbed his hand or not, to do some damage of your own. id strongly suggest not headbutting, as it exposes your throat and strengthens his position.

a broken arm throws no punches

Well if you mean someone grabbing you from behind I know a move you can do,but depends to what extent you want to go to.

For me if someone grabs me from behind,turn your body inwards,have one arm go over his arm and underneath then with both hands grab his wrist.Make sure his elbow is locked inside where your arm bends,push down his arm with your weight on his wrist and his elbow will go snap.

Trust me I know it works.

Now if you mean choking instead of grabbing your throat from behind then tuck in your chin as his arm slightly loosens up,grab his fingers and while spinning to 45 degrees grab his arm,once to side of his body bend his arm backwards,and use both hands on his wrist,stick your foot behind him and use your weight to push down on his arm if he is bigger then you and he will trip on your leg and now you are free.

Grab his arms near your throat and shoot your hips back really hard to cause him to bend forward, now drop your hips lower than his directly under your body so that your back is straight and twist. Put your back leg in back of his leg nearest your back leg and drop your hips again. Now you should be in back of him and he should be bending backward off balance over your leg. This should be done in 2 movements. It's really easy. Control his spine and you control the fight.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"