• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Attacked By a Bird

JKTT

I have a large field behind my house and I go out there a lot now that it is summer and all. My favorite place to go is the area around the basketball court on the edge of the woods. But a few days ago there was this bird (Red-Winged Blackbird) that started to fly circles around my head. Each day he has gotten more violent. Yesterday he actually started taking dives at me and today he followed me halfway home before he gave up. His nest seems to be far enough away that I shouldn't be invading his territory.

Is there any way to stop this bird from attacking that doesn't involve harming him or his nest?

I don't think the bird seed that I put down will work.

At least it's keeping me from boredom somewhat. It's fun dodging the dives.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
well your best bet is a shotgun.... but you can try feeding it

The amateur shoots his hands out ferociously, but lacks any true power. A master is not so flamboyant, but his touch is as heavy as a mountain.

throw dirt or sand at it and swing a broom at it maybe scare it with something

The amateur shoots his hands out ferociously, but lacks any true power. A master is not so flamboyant, but his touch is as heavy as a mountain.

LoL i'm sorry that title is to funny Attacked By a Bird lol i can't help but laugh ehehhehee :D :P ya but just try what I said to do it should work or ya take your dog or even a friends dog with you sometimes

The bird probably has a nest in the area and thinks you are threatening it's young.

I agree.

Here is a link about them: http://birds.cornell.edu/BOW/REWBLA/

The good news is that it will stop bugging you late July, early August.

As for defense against it - I'd suggest avoidance as much as possible; physical defense against a small bird will most likely end up with a dead bird, and it isn't even your property he's on.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

can you tell us how it turned out? When he stops that is, or her. :)

OH :idea: :idea:

Give it worms not bird seed it may like that better, if it has young :wink:

lol good luck maybe try and have some fun with him