• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
I Have the same type of person in my class how great is that!!! My key is to just box them close-in fighting.. they won't be able to kick since they need reach .. if you don't kniw how to box.. i consider you hall *.. j/k just try to sweep but if there higher belt and your lower that ight not help.. just try to keep it close so that he is forced to eliminate his kicks

A yellow belt who's words never hurt, yet skills send chills throughout the body.

Shotokan Student - 11 months training

• 2 weeks later...

If it wasn't TKD: kick the support leg, or the kicking leg when it is about to land. Shoot and takedown, proceed to make human pretzel. Grab kicking leg and go for submission. Sweet support leg. Rush and jam the kick.

If it was TKD: get in close and pretend to jab a lot. :P :lol:

I don't have much experience in TKD sorry.

PS: This is what is generally called a 'joke'.

something i saw my instructor teaching once, was use a circular motion to get in close and then keep on him... of course then he showed the counter to this :\ by just rushing the person getting in close, using almost a push then side-kicking at close range while they're off balance :\

if he is good at keeping you long range, keep your movements circular - he wont be so good with hook kicks and spinning kicks most likely because all the lanky bugger needs is a side kick! :P get in close, and if its sparring, go for some jumping punches :)