The Death Touch

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've met Master Oyata as well kungfumaster. He's an AMAZING little guy that you would never think twice about if you were to see him on the street. However, he is probably one of the most dangerous people that I've ever met IMHO.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

Pressure points do exist. Some people are naturally resistent to certain points. The points that I've seen listed here are purely physical points that have very little to do with the study of styles like kyusho jitsu, Torite Jitsu, DimMak....so on. I've personally been knocked out by Senesei Rick Moneymaker with a light touch knockout and a no touch knockout. It's a very strange sensation. something akin to tingling, dizziness and then you wake up on the floor. Do some research before you knock it. It can enhance your martial art as well as help you understand some of the movements better. Warp Spider I'm curious as to who tried to use this on you and what were their qualifications.

Noone's arguing that pressure points do not exist. I'm just saying - there are no pressure points that will kill you just by being struck with a moderate amount of force. (obviously if you were hit with, say, a wrecking ball, that would probrably kill you regardless.)

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!

Then no. I don't know of any points that will kill you simply by touching them. Even if anyone did know how to do it how could you prove it. Would you do it just to see if it worked?Pressure points , in my experience, are not the magical manueverings that you see on blockbuster martial arts movies. You're not going to do a "bloodsport" and break the bottom brick, especially since this is more in the realm of iron palm training anyway. the pressure points that I know use, at the low end, a moderate amount of force to effect immobilizing pain and knockouts. And, I'm not sure if I said this already or not, you are correct Warp Spider. Not everyone is affected the same way. Some people are naturally more resistant to some points (usually not all though).

• 3 weeks later...

Not flaming anything, but in my own opinion if someone studies how to effectively use the pressurepoints or weakspots then they are going to know where they are and how to strike them like spreading butter on a roll.

I know this because my old instructor used to take like 8 of us on at a time. He used to just poke some of us or strike us quickly without much power and we would all drop.

EDIT: Now that I remembered I went to a shaolin school about 30min from my house and the instructor Master Noorzad I think his name was said theres a spot on the body somewhere in the vicinity

-SoulAssassin

"I aint gonna eat, I aint gonna sleep, aint gonna breath till I see what I wanna see and what I wanna see is you goto asleep, in the dirt permanently"

"Do any of you believe in the death touch?"

Anything is possible. As we learn about pressure points, we learn how vonerable the human body is. You hear stories in the news about some kid catching a hokey puck in the chest and dying on the ice... how? Could it be just the correct angle and direction of a dim mak point being stimulated at the propper time?

or perhaps it's because the puck, a very hard object, is travelling quite fast when it hits the poor guy?

y'know, i don't need to know where to hit you in the chest, to kill you with a sledgehammer.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

Guessing from your name I'd say you don't think about what you're doing, just reacting. If you can fine tune your aiming point and be that more effective..... Why wouldn't you want to focus in on these points and totally destroy your attacker?

I'm sure that you could kill someone by striking them with enough force in the right spot. as for a light touch kill, I have no idea. The problem is doing enough repetitions to make sure that you can do a strike to these vital areas on a subconscious level. If you are in a real situation you have the arenal response to overcome and this is no small matter. You tend to lose conscious control over fine motor skills. That's where all of these repetitive striking and kicking drills come in handy. You just have to make absolutely sure that you practice these drills using very exacting standards. This of course is only mho.