• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Death Touch

I want to address a few in particular.

5. Blows to the ears can and will break ear-drums. I put up many cites in my post in the Combative Arts section

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=ruptured+eardrum+blow

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=off&q=ruptured+eardrum+fight

6. George Dillman readily demonstrates this knock-out on anyone who voulenteers.

10. Is intended to trigger 6.

12. I don't see any reason why not.. but admit I'm not coming across cases of this.

16. Improper chest compression can cause hearts to flutter and go into arythmia... This is something reinforced in any CPR traning.

26. Many strikes/spots will cause cramping of the diagphram.. making contrinued breathing difficult.

27. varies heavily by the nature of the hit.

29. It's like a floating rib but worse... but yes, very hard to hit.

28 and 30. It is possibleto do nerve damage with sufficient hits in this ares. The siataic is quite damageable from teh buttox. The Coxix is best hit upward and can be rather debilitating.

It's also worth noting that most energetic-hits require not onlt a particular point.. but a particular type of strike.

A few months ago, I was at a resturaunt and needed to scoot my chair up. So I grabbed the seat, scooted forward and put my weight back down. Well, one finger had gotten between the seat and the leg, and BAM!.

It caused some bleeding under my nail, and hurt... but what suprised me was that I got hot and sweaty and nauseous... I've been hurt far worst.. but it was the right damage, at teh right place, at the right time.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Persoanlly id develop incredible grip strength if you wanted to apply some of these pressure points. I think it would make them far more effective.

There are some "grip trainers" that can bend pipes roll up frying pans like newspapers and lots of other neat little stunts. If anyone wants to hear more about these look up captain of crush on some search engine do a little digging and youll read soem interesting facts.

If a person could develop there grip strength so they could crush bones just by squeezing them. These Dim mak techniques would be a lot more effective.

• 2 weeks later...

in my wing chun we are told about certain points that we aim to intercept (point before the elbow on the outside of the forearm, back of the hand, crook of the elbow) and some others for hitting.

we aim for these points because it makes out blocks/intercepts more effective.

as to whether or not they are pressure points, i have no idea but even applying a little more pressure on them does cause more pain.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think anyone who has ever hit their "funny bone" can refute the fact that pressure points exist. And, yes, a few can be lethal. But I doubt whether or not a strike can cause death at a later point like some proponents of Dim Mak will contend. It is worth noting, though, that some things that might have mystified can now be explained. I'm sure every one of us has learned some variation of a shudo to a carotid artery. However, I work out with one doctor who got VERY upset when he was lightly popped on there. It wasn't that it hurt him, it was, as he explained that anyone over 30 might have build up of plaque in the artery that even a slight, but direct jarring, might dislodge leading to a potential stroke.

Maybe the illusive Dim Mak is attempting to explain this from their ancient point of reference. Just a thought.

Pressure points exist for sure. But the notion of a dim mak point is a pressure point that is supposedly so sensitive that you could kill a person, a HEALTHY person, just by striking it. That I would definately disagree with. Like I've said, many of these I've had people try on me, and although some of them hurt a lot, and some made my feel kind of tingly, I wouldn't call that death.

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!

The points in question require a certain way of striking and a certain energy put into them. I've certainly been made "sick" by playing with such things (sometimes taking me an hour to fix energetically), but I've not seen/felt something I could definately say was fatal... of course, I can't discount the idea either.

Pressure points do exist. Some people are naturally resistent to certain points. The points that I've seen listed here are purely physical points that have very little to do with the study of styles like kyusho jitsu, Torite Jitsu, DimMak....so on. I've personally been knocked out by Senesei Rick Moneymaker with a light touch knockout and a no touch knockout. It's a very strange sensation. something akin to tingling, dizziness and then you wake up on the floor. Do some research before you knock it. It can enhance your martial art as well as help you understand some of the movements better. Warp Spider I'm curious as to who tried to use this on you and what were their qualifications.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.