• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• 3 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 4 weeks later...
if you dont spar full go your techniques will be useless basically if you dont do it how you would as close as possible in real life it wont work if you dont spar full contact your not learning self defense in the way its meant to be taught a lot of morons on this forum will tell you otherwise but then again they would get beat down by someone with 3 months of wrestling experience

midwest cage fighter

master of the donkey punch

co-founder of dirty sanchez

• 9 months later...

In my School, we don't spar the way you may think. For staters we do eight hand combo. Which is your fellow student throws an attack and we defend with up to eight movments of our choice. This is to learn how to move and the different attacks, targets ect. For more advanced students we go free style. almost full contact but slow ( no padding just cup) then you move faster. Some people learn better by sparring with points some don't. We don't do it for fun as much as practice.

$&!84pat

We spar where we have to watch other students sparing along with our main attacker. We have to spar slow. Would not be nice if someone took a pop shot at someone else from behind........wait this happens all the time outside :brow: .

• 7 months later...

best way to learn true fight technique, is to simulate as close to the real thing as possible. you have to simulate everything from speed and power of real fight, to the adreline rush you would get in a real fight situation. that way you can really find out what works and what doesn't. so put the full gear on and go at it. you can practice slow to start so you can get a feel for the movement of energy, and to understand flow, and rythym. then you can learn how to break rythym.

the same way you would drill at full speed...

most of my fights, however, have been one on one. ITC is correct in what he stated. The problem is that it can be hard simulating things like adrenaline rush in the friendly environs of the school. that's one of the reasons I think every MA should climb into a ring at least once.

that's one of the reasons I think every MA should climb into a ring at least once. Sevenstar.

Yes, I agree with you 100%.

I should take a step back and look at it from a different view. Reason being, I (we) do not train for one on one fights.

Our version of Sparring is called Tue Shou or pushin hands. It is a sensitivity drill that we use to learn to absorb and redirect techniques that are being thrown at us. A follow up question. Is San Shou a martial art form in and of itself? I thought it was fighting for Tai Chi and other internal arts.

"The journey of a 1,000 miles starts with but a single step."