• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Arrogance on accident

I know ninjanurse. I liked your post. I was responding to Kyle-san. :)

Sempai Emily

2nd Kyu-Brown Belt

---The true essence of the Martial Way can only be realized through experience. Knowing this, learn never to fear its demands.

--- Mas. Oyama ---

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I realize that! I did not mean that I actually think that a shorter test is wrong. I was merely saying that I'd been shocked about how much shorter it was and that is all. I had talked to some of my new karate friends about how I was surprised at the shorter length, and that was it. Just surprised. I was only thinking that this could be misinterpreted for arrogance by some. That is why I was asking for advice on how to not do this. So people won't misinterpret my intentions since I really like my new dojo. :karate:

Oh, I realized what you were getting at, I just thought to post the advice I hear most on that topic. Sorry if it seemed I was implying that you thought the test was wrong. And I've found that people misinterpret arrogance quite often.

Oh, I'm sorry then. Thanks for your advice.

Sempai Emily

2nd Kyu-Brown Belt

---The true essence of the Martial Way can only be realized through experience. Knowing this, learn never to fear its demands.

--- Mas. Oyama ---

Everyone has different ways of performing gradings. Perhaps the students are being tested in class and the grading is just a formality in your school.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse