• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Home Science experiments gone ary

capn_midnight

Potato cannons are always fun.

For those of you who have never heard of a potato cannon, allow me to describe one.

With two length of PVC pipe, of two different diameters, you connect them with a PVC connector. You cover the large end with a removable cap, and shave the small end so that it is sharp around the rim (to cut potatoes). From there, you drill a hole in the middle of the large end, and insert a spark plug, connected to a grill starter switch. Find a potato larger than the small end, shove it over the opening to shave off the side, and push it down the thin barrel, giving a nice, tight fit. Open the back end, spray hairspray, close the end, and click the starter. The resulting spark from the plug will ignite the hairspray and launch the potato. Depending on how much hairspray you use, and how tight of a fit you had for your potato, you could launch the potato at least 200 yards.

or blow it up in your face :D

Rule #1: Play the game to the limit. Damn the consequences.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

u should have posted ur story in the humor section :lol:

naw - just kidding :)

chemistry is very interesting stuff and i once had this set when i was younger. it wasnt about potatoe cannons or explosions but changing the color of liquids and make them stink and something. or 2nd instead of the 1st if you did something wrong :P :)

glad u didnt hurt urself too much.