• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Do your feet sweat during practice?

Ti

I used to worry about sweaty feet when I first started karate and refused to take my trainers off to train, even though some of the club members used to joke/moan to me about it.

Finally, though, I realised that with my shoes on I'd be more likely to do someone a serious injury, and I started to train with them off.

To be honest, I've never really noticed if I sweat. When I'm in class I'm usually too engrossed in what I'm doing to notice, but the floor of the hall we train in is always dirty so probably all the dust and muck that's got onto my feet off the floor absorbs the sweat anyway! :lol:

Try putting talcum powder on your feet before class. It might help a little.

Talc would only do so much, my feet keep sweating through out practice.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you wear tabi or wrestling shoes? I have to wear wrestling shoes to class to hold my orthotic inserts in. I think they're safe for all types of flooring. Also try spraying your feet with anti-perspirant before class. (This is an old female trick to keep your face from sweating on a really hot day; it should work equally well at the other end!) Good luck!

Are there actual puddles around your feet :-?

Does the sweating cause you a problem with your training or is it just an embarrasment issue?

If it does not cause you a prob then don't worry about it. Has anyone ever complained about it? Maybe you are just being paranoid other peoples feet will be sweating as well you know.

Spraying anti perspirant on my feet works well for me.

I keep asking God what I'm for and he tells me........."gee I'm not sure!"

when I spar and it's time for the guy to wakl over it he looks ar me all weird for the sweat on the floor.

It will make a puddle if my stay in one stance too long.

Other wise they are very visable streaks as long as i move.

It does kinda get in my way, I have nearly slipped a few times.

Hi

my feet do not sweet but they did , see your skin on the bottom of your feet with get thicker to this work better in the winter because the wood on the floor will be cool is the skin will get thicker to stop you feeling the cold.

L8er :karate:

Trodai Karate, Brown Belt 1nd Kyu

"Belts Are For Holding Your Pants Up" Bruce Lee

"With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"Ben Paker

Nobody's squeamish about sweat in my dojo (although I don't believe it's actually my feet producing most of my puddles?), but we have one particularly profuse guy who sometimes keeps a towel by the training floor. He just grabs it and wipes up when things get slippery. No reason to be embarrassed about it, but nice to watch out for yourself and others who might slip in it.